Seeing as anyone with a few million quid to spare can buy their way onto the back of the F1 grid these days, you could be just a lottery win away from F1 stardom.
And now, when you’re lining up on the F1 grid for your Grand Prix debut, you’ll know what to do when the red lights go out.
In this video produced by Mercedes, Michael Schumacher explains the procedure an F1 driver goes through when bringing his car around for the start of the race.
From the beginning of the formation lap to the moment they release the clutch, here’s what goes on behind the wheel when an F1 race starts.
- The key technical developments from pre-season testing
- Compare every F1 car of 2016 from every angle
- Manor MRT05: Technical analysis
- Renault RS16: Technical analysis
- Force India VJM09: Technical analysis