Pastor Maldonado’s collision with Timo Glock which earned him a penalty for the Italian Grand Prix is seen in this video shot by a fan at Spa-Francorchamps.
The Williams driver received one of his two five-place grid penalties for this weekend’s race for the crash – the other penalty was handed down for his jump start.
Glock believed the collision cost him a better result: “We knew we could be stronger in the race and we were; we could have been stronger still but for the problem with Maldonado which lost me time earlier in the race and created a bigger gap to Petrov at the end than might otherwise have been the case.”
Share your Belgian Grand Prix pictures and video
Were you at the Belgian Grand Prix? Share your pictures and video from the race here:
2012 Belgian Grand Prix
- Grosjean ban ‘not just for affecting the championship’
- Button wins Belgian GP Driver of the Weekend vote
- Rate the Race Result: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix
- Fan’s video shows Maldonado’s crash with Glock
- Monza call-up “a massive challenge” – D’Ambrosio