“No one remembers who finished second.” Or do they? Take the quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Interlagos, 2012Second place was a poor reward for Fernando Alonso after a series of consistently excellent performances in 2012.

There are those who say that “no one remembers who finishes second”. Whether it’s true or not, it seems a good place to start for an F1 Fanatic quiz with a slightly different theme.

This quiz is all about finishing second and will give your F1 knowledge a serious workout.

As usual you’ll be up against the clock so when you’re ready, take on these 20 questions in five minutes – and we’ll find out if anyone really does remember who finished second:

If you’ve not taken one of our quizzes before, have a quick look at this quick guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found below:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

24 comments on “No one remembers who finished second.” Or do they? Take the quiz

1. KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 4th December 2012, 15:33

Definitely a difficult quiz.. Too tricky for me.. So difficult to remember I had to stop myself banging the keyboard in frustration…

2. Fixy (@fixy) said on 4th December 2012, 15:41

10/20! Pretty pleased with the result!
    I was certain of some answers, whilst others I randomly guessed… :P

3. Brace (@brace) said on 4th December 2012, 15:45

I pretty much remember the second driver for every race or championship for which I remember the winner too. But for some races, I had no clue who even won. :)

4. andae23 (@andae23) said on 4th December 2012, 15:46

7/10… I guess I belong to the crowd that doesn’t remember who finished second ;)

5. the_sigman (@sigman1998) said on 4th December 2012, 16:05

16/20. Ι wasn’t expecting at all this result. Difficult quiz.

6. Lateralus (@lateralus) said on 4th December 2012, 16:45

This one was really tough. I got a 3/20. I’ve scored as much as 11/20.
    Good job.

7. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 4th December 2012, 17:13

15/20, it seems I remember surprisingly many of these.

8. DaveF1 (@davef1) said on 4th December 2012, 17:26

Damn, forgot to submit before the time ran out. Ah well, being one of the younger F1 fans on this site, I very much doubt I got many correct :L

9. Tom (@newdecade) said on 4th December 2012, 18:39

10/20, pretty pleased! Apparently I also got 0… which is slightly confusing. Maybe because I clicked submit literally as the clock hit zero!

Is there any way at all to view which answers were correct?? Almost all the fun lies there.

10. tmax (@tmax) said on 4th December 2012, 19:12

It was a difficult one.

I messed up completely. Ran out of time and pressed back button to go back previous page to submit. When I resubmitted it said it is taking up my previous score which came up as 0. :( something went wrong. I knew few of the answers were correct for sure.

11. tmax (@tmax) said on 4th December 2012, 19:18

@keithcollantine On a basic glance at the leaderboard i feel though there are some high scorers (Congrats to @Gooby), the overall statistics skews towards the fact that people tend to forget the person who finished second !!! maybe a detail look can give a different perspective. What is your opinion based on the statistics ?

12. Zubair (@zubair380) said on 4th December 2012, 21:06

Damn all these quizzes are for veteran F1 fanatics!

13. Enzo Ferrari actually said “no one remembers who took second place and that will never be me”.
    He also said “second is the first of the losers” and “consistency is the most important thing in business”.

All of them very true.

14. Very pleased with 14/20! Not bad at all, and with a minute to spare to stew (and fail) on the last question!

Would be good if we could review our answers and the correct ones after submission if that’s possible… just a thought! :-) thanks for another tough quiz!

15. David-A (@david-a) said on 4th December 2012, 23:28