Perez makes McLaren debut

F1 pictures

Sergio Perez, McLaren, 2013

Sergio Perez has made his first official appearance as a McLaren driver today.

Perez met members of the media at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking.

2013 F1 season

Browse all 2013 F1 season articles

61 comments on Perez makes McLaren debut

1. Beto (@chebeto0) said on 9th January 2013, 15:44

Oh Checo, who told you to wear those shoes?

2. jimscreechy (@) said on 9th January 2013, 15:58

Hmm he certainly had his moments in the Sauber in 2012, but by mid season he really seemed to lose the edge he had at the begining. I’ve heard comments that verification of his move to Mclaren affecting his attitude and causing the slump in his performance… hmmmm. Like most F1 drivers he has some serious talent, his finesse with the car in changing grip conditions from tyres and in the wet is quite impressive, and definately one of his strengths, but that doesnt necessarily make him quick enought to compete at the front. He’s definatly no slouch, but how it will play out we can only guess. I’m more interested on how he will fair against Button. We have a resonable yardstick to measure him with against Kobybashi, and of course we know pretty well how button measures up against the rest of the field (if were honest) so it will be a very intersting to see how he does when the chips fall during his Mclaren stint… and of course I want to know how they will make him look on the “Tooned” cartoon series, will they exaggerate his teeth beyond all reasonable proportions?

3. Zantkiller (@zantkiller) said on 9th January 2013, 16:24

McLaren have scheduled a Sergio Hangout livestream on their YouTube channel.

4. Brace (@brace) said on 9th January 2013, 16:46

I don’t know what it is exactly, but he looks like a waiter in that outfit.

5. Make it big , Checo

6. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 10th January 2013, 6:47

It’s not the complete look until he’s in race overalls!

7. AdrianMorse (@adrianmorse) said on 10th January 2013, 8:26

2013 will be a strange season for me. First, there are only three live races on Dutch TV, two of which coincide with the 10 races on the BBC (great), and for the rest I hope I can watch German RTL (I fear a lot of ad breaks).

More importantly, this might be the first time since 2007 that none of the winning teams have a driver I’m really rooting for (unless next year’s Mercedes is great). I won’t suddenly be cheering Vettel or Alonso to victory, and although I have nothing against Button and Perez, it will be painful if either Lewis’s former team mate or the guy who replaced him will win the world championship.