Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

Caption Competition

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Brackley, 2013

Mercedes were in the headlines this week for reasons other than Lewis Hamilton’s first public appearance for the team.

The surprise hiring of Toto Wolff from Williams was followed by speculation that he had lured Paddy Lowe from McLaren to join him and that team principal Ross Brawn would have to make way.

While all this was going on Hamilton was checking out his new team. What did he make of them? That’s for you to decide in the latest Caption Competition.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will be chosen for tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

216 comments on Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

1. hzh (@hzh00) said on 27th January 2013, 20:02

Latest news:
    Mercedes is testing for flying F1 cars as last year’s flying-Grosjean proved to be successful in overtaking many front-starters in one maneuver.

2. Kany (@kani) said on 27th January 2013, 21:02

Lewis: “Hmmmm! Guys, just how tough is this rear against Massa’s Ferrari’s front wing?”

3. VirtuaMcPolygon said on 27th January 2013, 23:12

Why does it still say Honda © on the bits ?

4. i11usive said on 28th January 2013, 13:54

Guys – you know we’re still running 2.7 V6 units this season? The 4 cylinder units are next year!!

5. Lewis – “Please don’t mind me staring at the diffuser – I was advised to do a Jedi mind trick on it to get super down force that Adrian Newey can only dream of”

6. So this is what my competition is going to see this year? Nice…

7. bigred (@bigred) said on 28th January 2013, 16:58

Lewis “if you gaze at it long enough i am sure you can see Michael Schumachers face”

8. Pink Peril (@pink-peril) said on 28th January 2013, 22:07

Hmmm, the downforce is strong with this one, Young Skywalker

9. Marienx said on 28th January 2013, 22:14

LEWIS IN HIS MIND: “O.M.G… It looks worst than I thought.. Damn it.. wait, If I call Ron, I can so undo this… he can’t just forget what we have been through together.. or could he?.. Ok, I’m calling him now”

10. Marienx said on 28th January 2013, 22:20

Lewis: “So that is how the back of the mec looked?.. No wonder!.. well, I had it coming… why did I ever thought I was going to have a chance while racing”

11. Bigalex said on 29th January 2013, 15:48

Lewis: I can see the light… very far away but yes I can see it.

12. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 29th January 2013, 17:07

Still a better rear than Nichole’s.

13. DuncF1 (@duncf1) said on 30th January 2013, 13:34

“So when the paint’s dry, we can put the wheels on?”

14. I will call this the ‘Vettel View’

15. So… can we afford wheels this year?