Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

Caption Competition

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, Brackley, 2013

Mercedes were in the headlines this week for reasons other than Lewis Hamilton’s first public appearance for the team.

The surprise hiring of Toto Wolff from Williams was followed by speculation that he had lured Paddy Lowe from McLaren to join him and that team principal Ross Brawn would have to make way.

While all this was going on Hamilton was checking out his new team. What did he make of them? That’s for you to decide in the latest Caption Competition.

Submit your funniest caption suggestion in the comments below and a selection of the best will be chosen for tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?? Mercedes/Hoch Zwei

216 comments on Caption Competition 28: Hamilton at Mercedes

1. Ben (@scuderia29) said on 26th January 2013, 18:50

“p..e..t..R.O.N..a..s! i guess ill never completely escape from Ron Dennis”

2. Gdon (@gdon) said on 26th January 2013, 19:39

Ross : So what do you think?
    Lewis : I’ll tell you when I’ve finished playing pocket billiards!

3. harishvadde (@harishvadde) said on 26th January 2013, 20:02

Lewis: Can’t find that thing in the car which helped schumi in being a part of some great crashes at mercedes.

4. harishvadde (@harishvadde) said on 26th January 2013, 20:06

Lewis: wondering how many more people will mercedes hire to complete the car before the launch date..!!

5. KeeleyObsessed (@keeleyobsessed) said on 26th January 2013, 21:12

Mercedes were keen to show Lewis their new car, but as usual, the rear tyres didn’t last long…

6. Ed Spencer (@espencer93) said on 26th January 2013, 22:05

“So, er, where are the bits that DID work last year?!”

7. Agurifan said on 26th January 2013, 22:09

Ahh Master San, I bow to your Super Aguri designed double diffuser.

8. Rhys Coles (@lightmas) said on 26th January 2013, 22:11

Ahh, thats where Buttons grip has been hiding.

9. Jonathan Hall said on 26th January 2013, 22:12

Lewis checks out Ross’s new quadruple diffuser

10. StephenH said on 26th January 2013, 22:57

“Come on now Bernie, this really is not the time for hide and seek”

11. Wesley (@wesley) said on 26th January 2013, 23:19

Lewis scouts an area around the sponsors for his H.A.M. bumper sticker….It is not so much a sexual reference as an explaination of how difficult is is to drive this car.

(refer to Hamilton’s aborted USGP helmet design if you missed it)

12. Rails (@rjessalt) said on 27th January 2013, 0:48

Lewis: I’m used to the left rear tyre not being on.

13. Schumi stole more than the hubcaps..

14. Huh, this is the budget cap version of the new car?

15. So the rest of the car I have to pay for myself? I should have read the contract fine print..

16. I prefer my GFs rear end..

17. Fabio (@efsl0) said on 27th January 2013, 1:53

Great solution for tire degradation, using the car without tires :)

18. Das_Stig (@das_stig) said on 27th January 2013, 3:00

meh, not worth tweeting.

19. PT (@pt) said on 27th January 2013, 3:10

I think I can find some “paddy” here…perhaps they plowed the fields of Woking with this!

20. Robbie (@robbie) said on 27th January 2013, 3:14

OMG, what have I done? I think I’m going to be sick!