Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

Debates and polls

With any racing car, all that really matters is how fast it goes.

But that doesn’t mean they can’t also look good. And the introduction of ‘vanity’ panels to cover up the unsightly stepped noses which appeared on last year’s cars has produced some better looking racers this year.

But which is the best? Have a look at all eleven of the 2013 contenders below and pick you favourite.

Red Bull-Renault RB9

Toro Rosso STR8

Caterham-Renault CT03

Caterham CT03, 2013

Marussia-Cosworth MR02

Marussia MR02, 2013

Over to you

Which team has the best-looking car this year? Cast your vote below.

Which is the best-looking car of 2013?

• Red Bull-Renault RB9 (3%)
  • Ferrari F138 (22%)
  • McLaren-Mercedes MP4-28 (16%)
  • Lotus-Renault E21 (7%)
  • Mercedes W04 (3%)
  • Sauber-Ferrari C32 (28%)
  • Force India-Mercedes VJM06 (3%)
  • Williams-Renault FW35 (5%)
  • Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR8 (3%)
  • Caterham-Renault CT03 (3%)
  • Marussia-Cosworth MR02 (7%)

Total Voters: 720

Loading ... Loading ...

Debates and polls

Browse all debates and polls

Images ?? Various – see watermarks for details

133 comments on Which team has the best-looking car of 2013?

1. dexterous (@dexterous) said on 20th February 2013, 16:34

Maurussia Tooro Rosso Sauber and Force india must say have done a good job to make they car look good …..

2. Win7Golf (@win7golf) said on 20th February 2013, 16:47

Lotus by far, then McLaren, always perfect! :)

3. Ben (@dirtyscarab) said on 20th February 2013, 17:14

Williams for me, hands down. I LOVE that stubby nose!

4. Ron (@rcorporon) said on 20th February 2013, 17:30

I like the Red Bull, Ferrari and Sauber but Sauber gets my vote.

Not sure what people see in the Marussia though… that paint is hideous.

5. Calum (@calum) said on 20th February 2013, 17:40

The Macca is the best shape, there are no ugly or unusual bits on it, just a nice and clean and streamlined.

6. George (@george) said on 20th February 2013, 17:47

None of them are beauties, I would like the Sauber if it weren’t for the wide nose. The Force India has the best proportions to my eye, but the Williams looks very agressive which I like…

Guess I’ll go FI.

7. The Sauber looks damn sexy! ;)

8. Went for the Sauber. But the Williams is the most interesting looking. That gearbox, YUM!

9. Kanil (@kanil) said on 20th February 2013, 19:59

Lotus is a prettier shade of gold (less brown!) and one stepped nose away from being the prettiest car — and by a wide margin.

Sauber is one Lotus shade of black away from being the prettiest car.

So, Force India it is!

10. Obi-Spa Kenobi (@obi-spa-kenobi) said on 20th February 2013, 21:24

Although the Caterham looks nice, it reminds me of a John Deere tractor.

11. Tom_ec1 (@tom_ec1) said on 20th February 2013, 21:48

For me, McLaren and Ferrari will always be the best looking cars. They mean something in F1.

Doesn’t matter how you paint a Red Bull, it will never be the same.

12. Lin1876 (@lin1876) said on 20th February 2013, 22:03

Sauber. I don’t know whether it’s the mostly black livery, the striking looks or the fact that it’s so neat, but it’s my favourite.

13. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 20th February 2013, 22:08

Red Bull – I’m ambivalent about the new purple hue, looks OK but seems shoehorned into a livery that was already quite busy
    Ferrari – Better than last year but that’s not saying much.
    McLaren – I wonder if this will be their last Vodafone livery? Still a nice, smart livery as you expect from McLaren
    Lotus – I look at it and I want a Mars Bar
    Mercedes – Plain but looks good in strong light
    Sauber – Vastly better than last year’s amateurish effort, though I think black would have been a more striking choice to go with white than graphite – as they had in their first F1 season 20 years ago
    Force India – Very similar to last year’s car, but a welcome splash of colour in a grid with too much monochrome
    Williams – An interesting-looking car which is clearly a departure from its predecessor, and a tidy livery
    Toro Rosso – Also somewhat different to their previous car. I’ve never liked their livery and it’s not improving with age
    Caterham – Cracking paint job, rather underwhelming car
    Marussia – As with the Caterham, only more so. The graphics are vaguely reminiscent of current Penske IndyCars but the chassis itself doesn’t look too hot

14. F1fanNL (@) said on 20th February 2013, 22:19

The Sauber is the least ugly.

15. Stuart (@stuart2013) said on 20th February 2013, 22:26

Being a Kimi fan I had to vote for the Lotus. Love the colour scheme of the E21 this year, the red really makes a great thing even better. I have to say I’m also really liking the new Williams FW35, very classic Williams Renault look, that would have to be my next favourite.