The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- New video compares Hamilton, Rosberg and Verstappen’s corner-cutting
- Three new video angles of Mexico’s turn one controversy
- Moto GP star Jorge Lorenzo drives Mercedes F1 car
- New video of Hulkenberg’s alarming first-lap crash
- Ricciardo still coming to terms with losing Spain win
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy