The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Ferrari’s 2014 V6 engine 059/3 previewed at factory
- Magnussen not troubled by Hamilton comparisons
- Schumacher says Mercedes are ready to fight for title
- 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Red Bull and Renault give their V8 one last blast
Browse all F1 videos
Image © PistonSpy