The film tells the story of the 1976 F1 season and the rivalry between James Hunt and Niki Lauda. The two drivers are played by Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl.
Among the locations used for filming was the Nurburgring Nordschleife, where Lauda’s near-fatal crash during the German Grand Prix was recreated. Original cars and replicas created to look like them were used.
See pictures of the cars being filmed here:
- Raikkonen crash interrupts final practice
- Crashes a concern as speeds rise at Indianapolis
- Max Verstappen’s Route to F1
- 2015 Malaysian Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Aero kits to shake up IndyCar competition in 2015
Browse all F1 videos
Image ?é?® PistonSpy
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others