Rate the race: 2013 British Grand Prix

2013 British Grand Prix

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Silverstone, 2013

What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the British Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 British Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (5%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (3%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (6%)
  • 6 (6%)
  • 7 (11%)
  • 8 (27%)
  • 9 (29%)
  • 10 (9%)

Total Voters: 851

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

This is the 101st edition of Rate the Race – see how the first 100 races were ranked:

2013 British Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 British Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Lotus/LAT

314 comments on Rate the race: 2013 British Grand Prix

1. Howard (@howard) said on 30th June 2013, 16:44

Pretty standard race for the most part 5/10,

The last 10 laps and SC was 8/10.

2. Eric (@) said on 30th June 2013, 16:57

It’s a shame most here can only enjoy f1 if it’s turned into a lottery.

I actually enjoyed it quite a lot before Vettel retired. Not because Vettel was winning (because Rosberg was just 2 seconds behind) but because Sutil was in a good spot. Ricciardo was having a tremendous race and the fighting was even and fair. Then Vettel dropped away and caused a SC, some responded and some didn’t and the last 7 laps were with a couple of cars in an entirely different league as opposed to the rest.

8 for the first part of the race, 1 for the last part of the race. 4.5 average. -1 for the tyres = 3.5 so 4 for me.

• Ryan (@ryanisjones) said on 30th June 2013, 23:04

It’s a shame most here can only enjoy f1 if it’s turned into a lottery. [...] I actually enjoyed it quite a lot before Vettel retired.

It had turned into a lottery from the point Lewis got a de-lamination on lap 8 (the unfair reason Vettel was winning in the first place). Vettel retired on lap 42 and his retirement had nothing to do with the tyres. Thus if you enjoyed the race up to Vettel’s retirement, it meant you enjoyed the race whilst it was a “lottery” and stopped enjoying it when Vettel wasn’t winning. It’s cool to be a Vettel supporter, but a 1 for the last part of the race? Are you joking? Alonso and Webber’s charge plus Hamilton vs Di Resta? That is some extreme Vettel bias you got going on there.

3. Bendanarama (@bendana) said on 30th June 2013, 17:02

10/10. fantastic racing right through, wheel to wheel action and added drama from the tyres. Brilliant stuff

4. obviously said on 30th June 2013, 17:03

I think people who are just thoughtlessly shouting that tires must be changed ASAP don’t actually realize that what we saw today was in fact a result of changing tires without properly testing them first. If Pirelli had 3 day test with all 12 teams in the warm temperatures, they would have discovered this thing in the test, after running pretty much just couple of dozen of laps. And if this kind of thing wouldn’t appear in testing, that would mean that teams are intentionally going over the border with the way they are setting up their tires for quali and race.

5. 2013 season is becoming a mess…tyres…politics…

I’m a fan since 1974 and this year is one of the worst seasons…

6. Kostas K. (@charlie2alpha) said on 30th June 2013, 17:25

4 dangerous tyre failures, all because of the stupidity of certain teams and people. That was NOT funny. 5, and that’s a lot.

7. Daniel (@oji) said on 30th June 2013, 17:28

F1 in its current form is a disgrace. It’s not about “the show” anymore, it’s a bout safety. Tyres blowing at over 250km/h it’s just wrong and dangerous for the one driving the car and for the ones behind him.

8. marcus hand (@wombat1m) said on 30th June 2013, 17:35

When four cars tyres exploding makes a race exciting there is a problem – as in that was most exciting element and that should have got it red-flagged as it was random, stupidly dangerous and nothing do with racing. I gave it a six because there was some good racing but it was too overshadowed by the exploding tyres which I guess are “exciting” from one sense are not why I watch F1, if I needed that sort of “excitement” I’d watch people smashing into each other on ovals in NASCAR for no reason……

9. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 30th June 2013, 17:42

Thought it was funny that the British fans cheered when Vettel broke down.

Great win Rosberg, looks like Mercedes have sorted out their tyre troubles and could challenge for the championship. Great drives by Webber (pretty tense last few laps), Hamilton and Alonso, oh and Riccardo.

If I were Paul Hembrey during that GP I would have been looking for the back exit.

10. yellowsapphire (@yellowsapphire) said on 30th June 2013, 17:47

I’m going to have to give it a ’4′, not because I disliked the result, or because my favourite driver retired… but because I cannot justify rating any race that had such safety concerns highly.

Sure, we had some good racing. The last few laps were amazing, but I can’t let that override the immense safety concerns re the tyres. We could have had a nasty accident today, thankfully we didn’t, but I don’t see that as a reason to rate the race highly.

As a fan I don’t want to spend most of the race concerned about the drivers’ safety, and that is why I cannot give it anything higher than a ’4′, regardless of the last few laps.

11. James (@jamesf1) said on 30th June 2013, 17:49

Despite the issues with the tyres, the race today featured some of the best racing all season. The racing in-between the safety car intervals was pretty intense, especially at the end with Mark Webber “It’s gonna happen”. I’m sure almost every F1 fan wanted to see Mark Webber win today, I personally did.

I also rated the race highly because of the quick and impressive reactions we saw in response to the tyre blowouts, especially to Kimi and Fernando for keeping level heads and focused on the race, despite major incidents unfolding in front of them.

Finally, I think it’s also worth applauding the marshals today who worked extremely hard clearing the debris and keeping the race safe for the drivers, spectators and their colleagues too.

12. Jon Sandor (@jonsan) said on 30th June 2013, 17:50

Given the way people are rating this race, I predict that Pirelli will be tasked by the FIA with making tyes which explode more often from now on.

13. CeeVee (@ceevee) said on 30th June 2013, 17:56

Started with 5 points
    -4 for the exploding tyres
    +1 for Vettel retiring
    +3 for the overtaking
    So I’m ledt with 5 points, but (and a great big but this one) when do the exploding tyres become a safety issue?
    We could easily be sitting here this evening mourning a race driver due to tyre failure.
    Are we going to see the field pull into the pits after the warm-up lap because the teams decide that it is too dangerous to race?
    For what is supposed to be the pinnacle of motoring technology the situation has became silly and Pirelli are rapidly becoming a laughing stock.

14. Adriaantje (@sutil2013) said on 30th June 2013, 17:57

This is not racing as it should be. DRS and inferior exploding tyres are not what I am looking for in grand prix racing. If F1 continues like this, I wont be following it for much longer.

15. jim (@jimvettel) said on 30th June 2013, 18:17

Unfortunate the best driver on the grid had a gearbox issue. Handed it on a plate to the other drivers. As regards the tyres, Next thing you will see is f1 cars with a spare tyres on the back with a toolbox. F1 is one step away from turning into the WRC or Dakar rally. Perhaps the cars should have tracks just like a tank.