Rate the race: 2013 German Grand Prix

2013 German Grand Prix

Romain Grosjean, Lotus, Nurburgring, 2013

What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the German Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 German Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (5%)
  • 6 (9%)
  • 7 (17%)
  • 8 (31%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (9%)

Total Voters: 676

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 German Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 German Grand Prix articles

Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT

186 comments on Rate the race: 2013 German Grand Prix

1 4 5 6
  1. Pennyroyal tea (@peartree) said on 7th July 2013, 23:23

There was suspense but no real fight for the lead. once red bull got the lead they managed it perfectly, and in the end they managed to win in a front limited circuit, something very important for their form. The fact that RBR managed great pit-stops except one weighted in my score, it was a shame to miss Webber so early and more importantly it was a very dangerous incident. Again the perfection of red bull’s and the lack of objectivity of Lotus lost them another race. I really get angered when a race misses to deliver in the end and when a team repeatedly botches their own chances of victory, so frustrating. More importantly of course we saw a shocking incident that seriously hurt someone, an incident that could have happened to any team nevertheless one idiot Team Principal from a great team responded in a defensive stance that no one got seriously injured when in fact that person broke his shoulder and cracked several ribs. 5/10.

2. It was a solid race but that safety car was out for too long, 8/10. Also, it seems that the McLarens like the post-Silverstone spec tire.

3. Drezone said on 8th July 2013, 1:17

Why is it hardly surprising webber had issues. Whenever he’s close to vettel or threatening him for the win something happens to him. Just think china quali and race after the malaysia debarcle. Come on red bull this is ridiculous. Is this how you say thanks to the guy in his last year.

4. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 8th July 2013, 6:44

What a crazy, entertaining, frustrating and edge of the seat race.

I gave it a very solid7. Would have been an 8 or 9 had Hamilton had more pace.

Pros:
    - The split strategy for half the grid made the race entertaining when usually it goes on a bit of a lull in the middle of the race.
    - Good to see Lotus competing for wins again. As long as the conditions are hot, my money will be on the Lotus.
    - Romain has the ability to win races, it’s just a matter of targeting the incredible speed of his without hitting things.
    - Also good to see the HULK getting in the top end action again.
    - Button drove beautifully and way out drove the Mclaren.
    - Good to see Vettel win his home GP. He drove a perfect race, he well and truly earned that one.

Cons:
    - Firstly that poor camera man. That was sickening to watching. Made my skin crawl. I hope some regulations are implemented to stop that from happening ever again.
    - Webber was so unlucky to have his race ruined in the pits. (I bet the conspiracy theorists / Anti-Vettel fans, will have a field day on that one.)
    -Hamilton + Mercedes general lack of pace was surprising. He looked good in the first stint, but after that he was mostly going backwards. I’m not totally convinced it was because of the tyres, because he hadn’t done any long run testing on the setup he ran.
    - What on earth happened with Bianchi’s car? ahah. That was one of the most crazy thing’s I’ve seen happen.

5. Japhew Ryder (@japhew-ryder) said on 8th July 2013, 9:12

a shiver down the spine when webber’s wheel has flown away, my mind has gone back to imola 94.

hope that guy is ok.

6. Melchior (@melchior) said on 8th July 2013, 9:48

My heart sunk when i saw Webber’s pit crew botch his stop as i was really looking forward to seeing whether he had done enough (re:undercut) to sneak past Vettel for the lead.
    I am glad that the cameraman that got hit by Webber’s wheel is okay.That wouldn’t have tickled i,m sure.

7. Miko-Jarvinen (@miko-jarvinen) said on 8th July 2013, 10:04

It was pretty good. Only if there would have been 2 or 3 more laps..

8. Nick (@npf1) said on 8th July 2013, 10:59

Thought it was a great race. Gave it an 8, which is the same grade, but different than Silverstone. The battle for the top 4 positions was very good, with different strategies, drivers on even more differing strategies sometimes getting in there and the top 10 didn’t seem settled until the final pitstops.

I would have given it a 9 if the final laps saw some more actual attacks and if Kimi passed Romain on ability.

9. Jarrod (@f1ism) said on 8th July 2013, 11:21

I had a feeling grosjean was gonna come back into the points this race, I just didn’t think he’d be fighting for the win, well done

10. ferrox glideh (@ferrox-glideh) said on 8th July 2013, 11:30

8 out of 10- If only Lotus could have worked out a slightly better strategy, then I would have given it a 10!
    Question- Isn’t Alonso not allowed to stop on track after the race without mechanical failure, just to save enough fuel for sampling purposes? Or is this just a qualifying regulation? I’m thinking of Abu Dhabi qualifying last year.

11. As a very passionate Hamilton fan i was disappointed by the Mercedes car inability to adapt to hot conditions, with regard to its tire usaged.
    However ,i must say that whatever anyone thinks about Vetal, it is a 100% fact that he is the best current driver in F1.

The way he responded to the heat and pressure in the battles for the German Grand prix was first class.
    I mean, Vetal has answered every question and doubt i ever had about him.
    People are just purely JEALOUS of him when they make mean remarks about him, but I believe if someone is the best you should admitt they are the best, even if you dont like them particaularly, because the truth is the truth.
    Im a definite Hamilton fan but i wish to give credit where credit is due.
    Vetal is driving out of this world at the moment, and what makes him deferent , either in qualifying or the race itself is that he makes FEWER MISTAKES than any other driver
    Jason

12. Bryant (@mak-atak3) said on 8th July 2013, 14:39

I gave it an 8 only because Red Bull are the favorite due to their great car and drivers. While other teams have to worry a lot about strategy, Red Bull’s winning strategy appears to be to just drive fast and blow everyone away. Overall, I really enjoyed the race!

13. -billadama- (@billadama-2) said on 8th July 2013, 15:42

8/10 that’s my opinion great duel between the tow Lotus an Vettel I’m sorry for Felipe because though I hate Ferrari Felipe is a good guy

14. Jay (@j-rva) said on 9th July 2013, 2:31

I gave the race a 7, would have rated higher if there was a real fight for the lead at the end.

15. PJA (@pja) said on 12th July 2013, 18:57

If I had only read the report of this race I probably would have thought it was great with Raikkonen closing in on Vettel near the end and the various battles down the field, however while I was watching the race I never found myself getting excited at all.

There are a few reasons why I think I didn’t really enjoy the race.

As soon as Vettel took the lead at the start I never thought anyone else would win, even when Raikkonen led near the end or when he was chasing Vettel down in the final few laps after making his final stop.

I only saw the BBC highlights programme and I normally don’t enjoy races as much when I only see the highlights instead live, even though I manage to avoid finding out the result.

Also I watched the highlights show after watching some great live sporting action a Tour de France stage and Andy Murray winning Wimbledon, so it had a lot to live up to.

I only rated the race a 7 and this was higher than my enjoyment of the race because I on paper I think it was better, if that makes sense.

1 4 5 6