Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

Caption Competition

Bernie Ecclestone, Paul Hembery, Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona,

It’s been a difficult week for Bernie Ecclestone as prosecutors in Germany confirmed he is being indicted on charges of bribery.

Meanwhile Pirelli’s Paul Hembery has been contending with the aftermath of the spate of tyre failures seen during the British Grand Prix.

What have these two been discussing? That’s for you to decide.

Post your funniest suggestion for a caption below and a selection of the best will appear in tomorrow’s round-up.

Caption Competition

Browse all previous Caption Competitions

Image ?é?® Pirelli/LAT

81 comments on Caption Competition 33: Ecclestone and Hembery

1 2 3 5
  1. hunocsi (@hunocsi) said on 20th July 2013, 10:35

PH: “So these new tyres only explode when you press that red button, okay?”
    BE: “Won’t I get to jail for that?”
    PH: “Nah.”

2. Paul: “These tyre explosions look a bit dangerous.”
    Bernie: “Take this bribe and blame something else.”

3. Paul: So Bernie, what about the contract for 2014?
    Bernie: Yes about that, you guys don’t get to do the tyres next year, but you get to do the calender.

4. Fidelecastor said on 20th July 2013, 10:52

mizter E. Hi Paul .. what about your boss ? i see Italian judge pronounce Ă  2 year sentence for the telecom italia controversy ..
    signor Paul .. Yep .. Marco is ok, no jail for this 7 year old affair .. that’s cool … and now it will be an over 7 years delay for the second step of the process .. no problem bernie, .. he will be able to sign for 2014
    You Bernie, how is the process with the German court ?
    mizter E. .. well .. I am 82, 7 years for the first step of the process, 7 more for the second .. 82+ … 96 ..
    I think my kids will have spend all my money before the judgement .. not a matter ..
    all my best to Marco … take care and don’t forget to sign the new contract for the on track publicity .. for the next 14 years ..

5. Thanks Bernie. Everyone knows the brand now. Earlier it was all about cars and drivers. Now the cars and drivers are only there to transport the tires around the track.

6. Mitch (@mwyndo7) said on 20th July 2013, 10:58

PH: “We can lend you our best lawyer for the upcoming trial”
    BE: “No thanks, this case has been blown up enough already”

7. caci99 (@caci99) said on 20th July 2013, 11:06

BE: I like the shirt, italian made. But the badge!?

8. Michael (@trewq) said on 20th July 2013, 11:12

PH: “Want this spare set for your getaway car?”
    BE: “No thanks. When the German authorities come, I might have to run farther than 25 miles.”

9. PH: Who’s the boss now?

10. Tom Taylor (@tommo1976) said on 20th July 2013, 11:28

Bernie: Not now Paul, I’ve got 26 million problems and your tyres aren’t one!

11. Chris (@tophercheese21) said on 20th July 2013, 11:29

Ecclestone: “Don’t give my daughter’s new husband any of your Pirelli condoms. I’m not ready for guaranteed grand children.”

12. Lucas Wilson (@full-throttle-f1) said on 20th July 2013, 11:31

Be: “Paul can you make my bribery case degrade into thin air?”

13. ME4ME (@me4me) said on 20th July 2013, 11:35

Paul Hembery: “We’ve got some Pirelli girls at the motorhome later after the race”
    Bernie: “Ooh, me like … *Naughty face* …”

14. Todfod (@todfod) said on 20th July 2013, 11:35

Bernie – “What do I get for extending Pirrelli’s contract for a few more seasons?”
    Paul – “How about supersoft pillows in your jail cell?”
    Bernie – “I’ll pass… don’t want my head blowing off!”

15. robk23 (@robk23) said on 20th July 2013, 11:45

Excuse me Bernie but you’re flying low.

1 2 3 5