Take the F1 Fanatic Nelson Piquet quiz

F1 Fanatic Quiz

Nelson Piquet, Benetton, 1990Today is three-times world champion Nelson Piquet’s birthday and we’ve got a brand new quiz on his F1 career.

Piquet started over 200 Grands Prix spanning three decades. How much do you know about them? Put your knowledge to the test here:

If you’ve not taken one of our quizzes before, have a quick look at this brief guide first:

You can compare your overall score with other F1 Fanatics and take more quizzes here:

If you don’t already have one, you will need to register an F1 Fanatic account to participate in the quizzes. Details on how to get one can be found below:

How did you get on? Share your score in the comments – but remember not to leave clues about the questions!

F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Browse all F1 Fanatic Quizzes

Image ?? Ford.com

16 comments on Take the F1 Fanatic Nelson Piquet quiz

1. Diceman (@diceman) said on 17th August 2013, 13:12

5/20. Most of the questions were completely impossible for me, but I knew my knowledge about Piquet and his career is on a very low level, so I didn’t expect much.

2. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 17th August 2013, 13:43

8/20. Although I’ve seen about all the races from the 80s, some of these were just too tough to remember.

3. Nick (@npf1) said on 17th August 2013, 13:54

My internet or PC is acting up, I’ve been playing some online games where it decides to run any kind of timer at double speed, but now it’s done the same in this quiz.. Only managed to answer 5 questions before realizing it either.

4. wsrgo (@wsrgo) said on 17th August 2013, 13:59

Not good…only 6…

5. David not Coulthard (@) said on 17th August 2013, 16:01

6. Kuroi (@kuroi) said on 17th August 2013, 19:21

Sixteen, not too bad

7. schooner (@schooner) said on 17th August 2013, 19:46

Failed. I did get to meet the guy once, though. Back in my yacht captain days, we had a charter guest (and his family) on board who was a personal friend of his from Brazil. It was over the 1997/’98 Christmas and New Years holidays, and we docked our boat next to his down in St. Barts. Come to think of it, I probably would have seen Nelson Jr. running around as well, but he would have been just a kid. Anyway, over the course of the week, Piquet came on board a couple times and was quite nice. I was particularly taken by a very large photo (2′ x 4′, maybe bigger?) hanging in the main salon of his boat. It was of him driving his championship winning Williams. Very cool stuff!

8. PMccarthy_is_a_legend (@pmccarthy_is_a_legend) said on 17th August 2013, 21:11

Piquet is an awesome character. He is a straight no ******** type of guy and wicked funny too. His humour doesn’t always translate well to english though so a lot of people don’t realise how funny he is. F1 today could do with a couple more Piquets in the grid.

9. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 18th August 2013, 3:56

Now that was seriously hard.

10. RACERNORRISKI (@racernorriski) said on 18th August 2013, 19:10

I know you many of you folks know the answer to this… I attended an INDY 500 race in the 90s? and Nelson Piquet and Emerson Fittipaldi were both drivers in this race. (I got their signatures while we were in the pits) If you know the year I would appreciate your sharing it with me …. and if you know who they were driving for or anything else about the race that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, RnR

• antifia (@antifia) said on 19th August 2013, 8:19

I may be mistaken, but I don’t think Nelson has ever drove a INDY race… I remember that shortly after leaving F1, in the beginning a ’92, he hurt himself pretty badly in some practice for a INDY team would join that year – but because of the severity of the injuries to his foot he never raced again.
      Fittipaldi, on the other hand, won the INDY 500 twice – in ’89 and ’93