Rate the race: 2013 Singapore Grand Prix

2013 Singapore Grand Prix

Jenson Button, McLaren, Singapore, 2013What did you think of the today’s race? Share your verdict on the Singapore Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (6%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (6%)
  • 4 (8%)
  • 5 (12%)
  • 6 (20%)
  • 7 (23%)
  • 8 (15%)
  • 9 (4%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 633

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Singapore Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Singapore Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Pirelli/LAT

218 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Singapore Grand Prix

1 3 4 5
  1. In terms of the 2013 season, it was quite good to watch. The safety car helped and the different strategies made the end interesting. A generous 7/10 for this as the previous couple of races were dire.

2. Jarnooo (@jarnooo) said on 22nd September 2013, 19:53

An average rating of 7? This season has become so boring that people must have forgotten what a good race is really like! The last 6 laps saved this from being a 2 for me.

3. 4/10

Thought the race was pretty poor as was Monza & Spa.

As much as I like F1, I’m finding paying for Sky to watch these boring processions a bit galling now.

Going to sack off Sky ASAP as not finding the races interesting anymore.

4. 5/10 for me. Not as exciting as I thought it’d be.

5. Andrew VanderLei (@andrewvanderlei) said on 22nd September 2013, 22:04

Could not believe Kimi pulled off a podium. Amazing.

6. Brian (@bforth) said on 22nd September 2013, 22:05

Utterly frustrated with the lack of intelligence displayed by the Mercedes’ strategy–milling about in a futile effort to save the tyres when Seb was flying 1-2 seconds a lap quicker than Nico was never going to work. Pushing might have been a better move.
    Great battles and bold passes for P 3-10 in the closing stages, and some intriguing dramas. I’m absolutely gutted for Webber and more so for Grosjean. He looked set for at least a third place before his pneumatic troubles.
    It gets a 7 for the slow bits and lack of challenge for first–and a case of beers for Grosjean and Webber.

7. Rodrrico (@rodrrico) said on 22nd September 2013, 23:36

After the Webber penalty…

8. Toro Stevo (@toro-stevo) said on 23rd September 2013, 0:06

For the second race running I cannot rate the race, as I didn’t watch a significant part of it.

I can pinpoint the moment I lost interest, when Webber’s engineer told him to maintain a 2 second gap to Alonso in front. It was a big eureka moment. If the regulations, cars and tyres are in such a state that drivers are being told to deliberately not challenge the driver in front, then I just don’t see the point anymore. Sorry to be so glum, but that’s how I feel about it. I even watched the last 10 minutes, but the racing was like men against boys with the large difference in the performance of the cars chasing relative to the cars being chased.

9. Hairs (@hairs) said on 23rd September 2013, 0:42

Woefully tedious. Really, really, really boring. Singapore is always boring. Boring on track, boring in the championship, Even watching the highlights was boring. Not quite as processional as Monaco, but still boring. Some tyre wear crossover, and some DRS makes for a boring race.

I was quite bored. I may not bother watching the next one.

10. 6- It was okay, I’ve seen worse this season. I’m not a big fan of the night race, even though it’s unique I’d prefer to be like in Abu Dhabi.

11. graham228221 (@graham228221) said on 23rd September 2013, 6:47

My second ever live race and overall the weekend was fantastic – awesome experience in an amazing city.

The race though was another disappointment really. It was really exciting for me in the stands, but that’s just from being so close to the cars.

6/10 for me and watching live actually reinforced my feelings on current era F1 – 61 laps watching turns 1/2/3 and I saw just one person mess up, and that was Max Chilton behind the safety car! You could easily tell Vettel was taking it easy each and every lap and had tons of time in hand. It was rare to see anyone really push to be honest.

And yet again DRS was exposed as a lame gimmick and is holding F1 back from finding a better overtaking solution. I think the change to DRS qualifying rules was a horrendous decision – there’s even less difference between qualifying and race set ups so of course the quickest cars on Saturday should carry that over to Sunday with tyre management the only differentiator.

F1 is just not doing itself any favours, and I’m beginning to worry the rest of this season will only get more boring as Vettel extends his lead and everyone else writes off 2013.

12. Danksa (@danieljaksa) said on 23rd September 2013, 7:06

I was fortunate enough to be at the Singapore GP last night. It’s clearly more exciting watching from the pit straight stand and breathing in the humidity than on TV, that’s one reason I rated it a 10.
    I stood under the podium and watched the presentations. The booing of SV has got to stop – I have this view even though I’m a Webber fan! Watching Seb’s determination last night convinced me that he has a talent that should be respected. I was astounded how after each lap, the second placed driver was taking longer and longer to arrive after Vettel.
    I’m determined to make it here next year – I hope Daniel will have more luck than MW seems to have.

13. Paul (@frankjaeger) said on 23rd September 2013, 12:25

6. wasn’t expecting much for the win with Vettel on pole. Few ok scraps in the back, the best being one between Perez, Hulk and Gutierrez maybe?

14. The broadcast was the worst i ever seen… too many aerial views.

15. I only gave it a 4, which may be the lowest rating I have given a race, I think I was bored by the entire race weekend.

After practice it was obvious that Vettel was going to dominate qualifying and the race again.

On Sunday when I was avoiding the news waiting for the BBC highlights I was not looking forward to the race, it seemed more like it was a chore that would have to be endured.

I hope the other teams can get their act together next season and stop Vettel and Red Bull running away with the championships again, because at the moment F1 does not hold much entertainment for me.

In my opinion, domination by one driver for such a sustained period is only exciting for fans of that driver.

1 3 4 5