Sauber will continue using Ferrari engines next year, the team has announced.
The team said on Friday the deal was for “supply of the complete powertrain, including engine, gearbox and ERS [Energy Recovery System] in a multi-year agreement”.
Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said: “We are pleased to extend our technical partnership with Ferrari taking Sauber into the new era of engines that starts in 2014.”
“Ferrari has been a long standing partner of the team, first from 1997 to 2005 and then again from 2010 onwards. We are proud to extend our relationship with such a prestigious and renowned brand and look forward to entering the 2014 season with a strong and reliable partner like Ferrari.”
Sauber are the final team to confirm their choice of engine supplier next year.
See the list of 2014 F1 drivers and teams
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Sauber