Kimi Raikkonen says he’s pleased to have switched back to the short wheelbase version of the Lotus as it suits his driving style better.
The team introduced a long wheelbase version of the E21 following the summer break but Raikkonen asked to go back to using the original version this weekend.
Raikkonen said the change chassis was part of the recent for him taking fifth on the grid in Abu Dhabi, his best qualifying performance since the German Grand Prix.
“For sure is part of it,” he told Sky, “It turns like I want it more and I can drive it more my style.”
“It seems to be working pretty well at least today so hopefully that’s going to stay like it is.”
Raikkonen added the car has been more too his liking in the cooler sessions at the Yas Marina circuit: “Not this morning, but apart from that yesterday second practice and today qualifying, not too bad.”
2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Sixth Driver of the Weekend win for Vettel
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix fans’ video gallery
- Dull Abu Dhabi Grand Prix gets very low rating
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix team radio transcript
- 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend in Tweets
Image ?é?® Lotus/LAT