Rate the race: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

Felipe Massa, Ferrari, Interlagos, 2013What did you think of today’s race? Share your verdict on the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (1%)
  • 4 (2%)
  • 5 (5%)
  • 6 (13%)
  • 7 (29%)
  • 8 (30%)
  • 9 (11%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 556

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Ferrari/Ercole Colombo

182 comments on Rate the race: 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix

1. Not quite up there with last years. (As if it ever could be) But not too bad a race. Nice bit of place swappping through the order, so it’s an 8 from me. Didn’t agree with the Hamilton penalty.

2. 7/10
    Nice race, but it was only inches away from becoming awesome. The different strategies didn’t shuffle things as no rain fell, the incredible recoveries of Perez and Button weren’t so spectacular but we had some great overtakes.

3. CeeVee (@ceevee) said on 24th November 2013, 18:20

I’ve been following F1 since 1958 and for the first time I can say I’m glad that a season is over. Dull, boring racing dominated by tyre preservation. Perhaps the rule changes will make a difference for next year but I’m not holding my breath.

4. Mediocre ending to a truly boring season. Hoping for a better season next year.

Goodbye Mark Webber, hope you to see you doing well in WEC next year.

Also hats off to Chilton, who finished every race this season. Like i said i would do, he will get my vote for DotW.

Also a big thanks to @keithcollantine and every other fellow fanatic for the great discussions, the live-chat during the race, reviews, news, etc.
    Hope you all have a great winter and are just as excited for the start of the 2014 season as i am.

5. svarun (@svarun) said on 24th November 2013, 18:23

Extremely boring,even the rain does not want to be a part of the boring 2013 season(Thank god’s it is over!!!!)
    It was sure to be another Pirelli powered F1 procession , it wasn’t because only of the “UNKNOWN” factor,had the 3 practice sessions been dry, it would have been the same old story from past 9 or 10 races.
    Bring on 2014 …but but but
    be it Intresting and not a single driver to be dominating all season and no drivers winning the WCC! o_0

6. Tayyib (@m0nzaman) said on 24th November 2013, 18:25

Thanks for the memories Mark and Felipe driving for Ferrari. Decent race I’ll give it 7. Well done Sebastian and Red Bull for a stellar year. Roll on 2014 and the dream team of Alonso and Kimi.

7. Force Maikel (@force-maikel) said on 24th November 2013, 18:32

8/10 Great race, DRS was too much here but after the boredom of the last couple of months this was a welcome goodbey effort from 2013.

Can’t wait for 2014 though.

8. dodge5847 (@dodge5847) said on 24th November 2013, 18:34

@keithcollantine thank you for this year’s coverage, your skills are second to none, and i remain to be a big fan of this website

9. Man! It’s a nightmare watching Lewis’ interviews. Almost every now and then.

Secondly, who the hell was interviewing on the podium? Killed the whole atmosphere!

10. DRS wasn’t as powerful as I expected it to be, but still neutered the racing quite a bit. The first couple of pre DRS laps were brilliant. Disappointed to see RoGro go out of the race, but that’s how it goes sometimes. He has vastly improved over the season, so I’m confident he’ll carry that over to next season.

Not a Vettel fan, but I found myself egging him on to the record number of wins. The guy really is pure class!

Delighted Mark got a podium in his last race. Look forward to see how he goes in WEC next year.

It was a reasonably good and tense race. Not a classic or anything. 6/10.

11. Patrick (@paeschli) said on 24th November 2013, 18:57

Bahrein is actually the highest rated race, I want to change that. Gave it a 10 :P

12. andae23 (@andae23) said on 24th November 2013, 18:59

7/10 Definitely a good race for 2013 standards, but still… dreadfully dominated by DRS. Wanted to make a couple of comments.

I understand that Massa’s penalty was completely legitimate, and I also see that the FIA had made it perfectly clear before the race what the limit was. But the only question is: why didn’t drivers get penalised for the exact same thing in Abu Dhabi? Before qualifying it was made perfectly clear that you were not allowed to cross the white line on the exit of the final turn, and yet we saw drivers get away with it. Where does this harshness come from?

What I enjoyed most were the post-race celebrations. Vettel doing donuts, Massa trying to do donuts as well, and Webber taking his helmet off. I realized something during those celebrations: the racing can make or break a race, but what really keeps me hooked on Formula 1 is emotions. The interaction between Alonso and Webber is something I will never forget, and so are Ferrari’s tributes to Felipe Massa.

13. Barney said on 24th November 2013, 19:14

I would rate most of this season as a 6/10 ( I LIKE Vettel! But this is boring! We need SHOW, we need EXCITEMENT… like in 2012! And this was not the worst thing, the worst problem of F1 these days is the whole tyre managing! Whatever happened to RACING???).

Why ? Because the second half was boring, because we still got the fake overtaking thing with DRS, because F1 is STILL 90% STRATEGY and only 10% race! The tyre managing needs to end, Iwant to see drivers at the limit again, fighting!

14. Jack (@jmc200) said on 24th November 2013, 19:24

I quite liked it, some good battles. Sad to see Mark go, but he’s not getting any quicker so the time is right. Thought Hamilton’s penalty was totally deserved, much like Spa 2011 when he drifted into KOB. Now I know he was opening up the corner, but he should have seen the other driver. If Di Resta isn’t on the 2014 grid but clowns like Maldonado and snails like Chilton are, I’ll be really sad. I’m exited by next year, but I want Di Resta and Hulkenberg to have good drives.

15. Ton Kunnen (@tonnie073) said on 24th November 2013, 19:24

Hands down the best race of the year. It had excitement, overtakes and a beautiful Webber podium. Gave it a 7, but wanted to give it a 7.5. Drawbacks that kept it from being a 8 were the absence of rain, Vettel’s dominance and the ridiculous penalties that Hamilton and Massa got. The latter wasn’t creating any danger by crossong the line (which is why the rule exists), while Hamilton’s crash was just a race incident, which can happen when you’re wheel to wheel at 300 km/h. A great closure for a pretty ****** season