The change, one of several items which the FIA said had been “unanimously approved”, has been made “in order to maximise focus on the championship until the end of the campaign”. It was agreed after meetings of the F1 Strategy Group and Formula One Commission today.
Points will be allocated as follows:
|Position||Normal race||Final race|
The 2014 F1 season finale will take place at Abu Dhabi.
Over to you
What do you think of the change to the points system? Cast your vote below and have your say in the comments.
Should double points be awarded at the season finale?
- Yes (8%)
- No (91%)
- No opinion (1%)
Total Voters: 801
2014 F1 season
- Bianchi’s fight for life ends nine months after Japanese Grand Prix crash
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles