Sebastian Vettel has won F1 Fanatic’s polls for 2013 Driver of the Year and Pass of the Year.
Vettel was voted Driver of the Year by over 63% of readers, with last year’s winner Fernando Alonso a distant second, followed by Nico Hulkenberg.
It is the second time Vettel has won this poll.
2013 F1 Fanatic Driver Rankings
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings part one: 22-17
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings part two: 16-11
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings part three: 10-6
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings #5: Lewis Hamilton
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings #4: Nico Hulkenberg
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings #3: Kimi Raikkonen
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings #2: Fernando Alonso
- 2013 F1 season driver rankings #1: Sebastian Vettel
Pass of the Year: Sebastian Vettel on Mark Webber
Vettel also won the vote for Pass of the Year – the first time both polls have been won by the same driver.
He was the only driver to have two nominations for Pass of the Year inside the top ten. The one which attracted the most votes was his controversial overtaking move on team mate Mark Webber during the Malaysian Grand Prix, after he had been ordered not to pass him.
The runner-up for Pass of the Year was also a contested choice. Romain Grosjean’s pass on Felipe Massa during the Hungarian Grand Prix led to him being penalised for going off the track while completing the move.
Third place in the poll went to Alonso, for his pass on Webber during the Italian Grand Prix.
It was a close poll with the most popular choice only getting 29% of the vote.
- Kimi Raikkonen on Michael Schumacher at Interlagos
- 2011: Mark Webber on Fernando Alonso at Spa
- 2010: Robert Kubica on Jenson Button in Valencia
2013 F1 season review
- F1 Fanatic’s new year thanks and credits 2014
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2013 season review
- The drivers, teams and cars of 2013
- 2013 F1 season in stats: The year in context
- Essential reading: F1 Fanatic’s highlights of 2013
Browse all 2013 F1 season review articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty