Silverstone – spectators’ experiences

This discussion page is closed. If you want to discuss going to the British Grand Prix please go to the new discussion forum here: Going to the British Grand Prix

David Coulthard, Red Bull-Ferrari, 2006Tell us about your experiences of visiting Silverstone.

You may wish to include:

• When you visited the track
  • Where you watched from
  • How easy it was to get to
  • How much of the track you could see
  • What support races there were
  • What you liked and didn’t like
  • How much it cost and whether it was good value

Please use the reply box below to leave your comments.

Are you going to the 2011 British Grand Prix? Chat with other F1 fans who are going to the race here: 2011 British Grand Prix discussion

569 comments on Silverstone – spectators’ experiences

1 20 21 22
  1. Stub – you may be too late for Becketts. It sells out quick. I bought my Becketts tickets about a week after this years race. You might have to go for Club Silverstone if you want to sit in Becketts

2. beverley said on 15th September 2011, 21:32

does anyone know where i can book camping for just the sat night, as i cant seem to find anywhere unless you want to book for the 3 nights?

• mike3003 said on 16th September 2011, 9:07

Beverly – Try Silverstone Golf Club, they have a good convenient site, I have used it twice in the past. They have a website. Good luck.

• phillip from Denmark said on 16th September 2011, 17:37

Hi Beverley,Try Hamilton fields,great campsite with friendly staff and good entertainment in the evenings AND you will be able to get a good nights sleep unlike some of the campsites around silverstone;)

• mike3003 said on 17th September 2011, 0:06

Great advice from everyone. Windmill is also very good, but It depends on how far you want to walk.

3. Want to buy My boyfriend 3 day tickets for f1 2012 havent a clue where to start. What tickets do i book GA ones or GS ones. Hes mad on F1 and just want his experience to be the best.
    Any help anyone can give will be great.
    Lisa 072

• mike3003 said on 16th September 2011, 13:29

Lisa – It all depends on how much you want to spend. Go to the Silverstone website, all the info is there….The GA area into Club, however, is very good. Good luck.

4. Thanks mike i will have a look on website. Can you book general admission for sat then grandstand for the sunday?

• mike3003 said on 16th September 2011, 14:16

Yep, pretty sure.

• phillip from Denmark said on 16th September 2011, 17:33

Think you should look at the 3 day grandstand ticket.Basically friday and saturday you can sit or stand where you want and sunday you will have a guaranteed grandstand seat
      hope this helps ?

5. Hi
    I’m booking tickets for my boyf for 2012. I’m getting a silver ticket but should i choose copse a b or c. I also want to camp, do I just book the 1 on the silverstone website? Any help will be greatly appreciated as this will be his first time and i want it to be good

• The view is similar from all the Copse Stands, you will be able to see them along the National Staright and down towards Maggotts. The only difference is from A you will have a slightly rear view as they enter Copse but a better view of the Straight, B is right on the bend and C is on the exit. Personally slight preference for B or C, only downside is the large run-off area in front of the stand means you are a little further away from the action (but that is probably why these stands are a little cheaper than say Luffield). I see they still have some ‘early-bird’ tickets in Stowe, this is a great place to see the cars down Hangar Straight and through Stowe and Vale, a favourite spot for over-taking too, good value for money (if there is such a thing at F1 prices); the downside here is no roof!
      Campsite from the web-site is good, except that it is completely the wrong end of the track for Copse, so it depends how much time you plan to spend in your allocated seat (you can sit where you want on Friday / Saturday). If you want camping at Copse end of track google ‘Whittlebury Park’. Fairly quiet, good clean facilities (by F1 standards!!) and normally plenty to do in the evening. Wherever you end up, enjoy!

6. Wow, this was a short but rather fantastic read. I’m recommending your blog to my friends, thank you!

7. Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice re. next year’s grand prix at Silverstone.

I have booked silver tickets in Copse A grandstand front row, but I’m wondering if front row was a good idea. Do you still get a good view or are you too low to see everything? Would I be better changing them for a row further back/higher up? I don’t want to be at ground level pressed up against the fence!

This will be my first grand prix so I have no clue!

Many Thanks!

• Hi Al, Copse is a raised stand with a terrace in front of it, so the front row is an excellent raised view.
      Only point to be aware of is bad weather, If it rains and the normal breeze is blowing,the front rows get a soaking. So as long as it doesn’t rain…great tickets.
      Don’t forget all tickets are roaming on friday and Saturday, so you can sit where you want, great to see the action from different points on the track and great for keeping out the weather if needed!

• Thanks Jack,

Thant’s made me feel much happier about my choice, can’t wait now!

Thanks again!

Al

• mike3003 said on 29th September 2011, 18:14

Dont worry Al….It never rains at Silverstone! ;o)

• And the wind..that never blows through Silverstone making July seem like an Artic winter…thankfully the fast cars, atmosphere, noise, camping, beers and the laughs are what stick in the memory.
            There is hope on the weather for next year, I’m getting my F1 fix elsewhere…as the rain always follows me expect a ‘phew what a scorcher’ Silverstone.

8. Mark D said on 1st November 2011, 14:43

Hi, Just booke seats in Club B videos on line looked great. Have a local B+B Booked for 4 days.

9. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 9th December 2011, 13:44