Debate: Where will you watch the last race?

Monza crowd 2It’s the big one this weekend – the 2007 season finale at Interlagos in Brazil will decide the championship between Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso.

So where will you be watching? Down the pub with your mates? On the sofa with all the non-fans ushered out of the room? Perhaps you’re going to the track?

I’ll be taking up station on the sofa as usual although I will miss what in Britain is a rare opportunity to go to bar and be able to expect to see the race – usually nothing shunts football out of the way.

But with Hamilton up for the title, and the race on at a drinking-friendly time, plenty of places are going to show it.

I prefer being able to watch it properly though – switching to the radio to fill-in the bits during advert breaks, and keeping an eye on the timing screens.

Where will you be watching – and who will you be watching with? What time is the race on where you are?

Surely you’re not going to miss it?

Related links

Tags: / / / /

40 comments on Debate: Where will you watch the last race?

1 2 3
  1. il be watching it in my house on the sofa with a couple cans i dont think you can really watch a grand prix properly in a pub

2. As usual, I’ll be propping the arm of the sofa up with a cup of cocoa and a packet of Hob Nobs. The laptop’ll be on and tuned into live timing. I may have drink afterwards though, if anything to celebrate the end of a tumultuous season.

3. Sigmund said on 15th October 2007, 12:23

I will watch it at home with the only mate I have who also is interested in F1. He will be hoping for a Kimi miracle, while I will cross my fingers for Alonso.

4. Scott Joslin said on 15th October 2007, 12:27

I don’t think F1 and the Pub go together, you need to have all the information and watch every part of it, unlike football where you can feel the action building and then pay attention. If you miss some information regarding pit strategy, race position it can confuse you like mad. I will be at home, like Ollie, I will have sunday lunch filp open the laptop and settle down for a afternoon of high drama. I have a serious feeling of “Mansell nerves” about this one, I think like Ben Evans commented on, fate will probably decide this one, and just hope and prey for reliability for Lewis!

I can’t wait!

5. AndyJ said on 15th October 2007, 12:35

Hopefully England will both have the F1 & Rugby World Champions…

6. I will watch at home, in the living room, with my parents. There will be a plate of Mum’s best cooking on the table, my green folder of race notes and statistics on one side of it and a book on the other side in case things get a little dull.

7. AndyJ said on 15th October 2007, 12:49

Oh, I forgot to mention that i’ll be trying to watch the race through the protests of my two young boys who, no doubt, will be wanting to watch cbeebies!

8. I will be watching on the Sofa (well I would I guess)!

I am gathering a select group of 6 (at last count) for a beer fueled Formula 1 party.

We will for sure play Fleetwood Mac’s The Chain just before the start as well, just to really get us in the mood, and there may be some classic race videos for afterwards as well.

9. Tommy B said on 15th October 2007, 13:17

Having a Grand Prix party with a load of mates :D Get some beers in, should be a great night!

10. Nathan said on 15th October 2007, 13:21

I’m stuck at uni, in a flat where I’m the only F1 fan. So I guess I’ll be in room… alone. At least it’ll be a good race! :)

11. Paul Sainsbury said on 15th October 2007, 13:24

I will be watching with a fellow F1 nut, and then we are going straight to a gig-Justin Currie who was the singer in Del Amitri. So we REALLY need to Lewis to win, as Justin’s songs can be a bit on the melancholy side……

It is going to be a great night I’m sure.

12. I say come on South Africa & Kimi/Alonso….watching in comfort of living room with live timimg & non-english commentary

13. another lewis fan said on 15th October 2007, 14:29

I will be watching it perched on the edge of my sofa seat(with the possibility of a hangover if england win rugby final)but i expect we will be visiting the pub again when lewis wins championship!.cant wait! COME ON LEWIS!

14. In all honesty the chances of England pulling another hat-trick on the formidable Springboks are close to non and therefore I’m expecting a very sad Saturday. However if Lewis doesn’t do it for the Brits as well on Sunday! I don’t know, that will officially be the Black Weekend for me (and many others), So COME ON LEWIS, do it for us mate. I’ll be perched on my sofa rooting for HAMILTON!! (oh the tension, I can hardly wait).

15. Journeyer said on 15th October 2007, 16:35

It’ll be 1AM here when the race starts.

Not that that matters. Hahaha!

Me and my dad will be staying up to watch it. I’ll watch old F1 races before that so I don’t fall asleep. I’ll have a nice bottle of good old Coke with a plate of sliced cheese right beside me, and if the free WiFi is around, I’ll also tune in to live timing. :)

1 2 3