Ferrari reveal their 2008 F1 car: the F2008

The wraps have come off Ferrari’s new car for the 2008 season – the machine in which Kimi Raikkonen will defend his drivers’ championship crown.

It’s good to see they’re retained the darker red they started using part-way through the 2007 season. I much prefer it to the bright red they used before then.

See below for images.

Ferrari F2008, 1 Ferrari F2008, 2 Ferrari F2008, 3

Ferrari F2008, 4 Ferrari F2008, Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa, 5 Ferrari F2008, 6

View high-resolution images below:

Compare the F2008 with the F2007

2008 F1 season

Photos: Ferrari S.p.A.

36 comments on Ferrari reveal their 2008 F1 car: the F2008

1 2 3
  1. Vertigo said on 6th January 2008, 22:25

Can I be the first to say what a beautiful machine it is. Obviously I’m a Ferrari fan and therefore massively biased but still, beautiful. If only Bernie would let us see it in high-def…?

2. Vertigo said on 6th January 2008, 22:27

Oh yeah I forgot it’s also nice to see that big shiny “1″ back where it belongs, isn’t it?
    Mmmmmmm…”1″.

3. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 6th January 2008, 22:28

They really did make that as big as possible didn’t they?

I think the 22 and 23 on the McLarens might be a little more discreet…

4. Vertigo said on 6th January 2008, 22:29

I would gloat some more about the 22 and 23 but a) all the McLaren fans would hate me and b) I get the distinct feeling I’m talking to myself a bit too much (ie 3 posts in 5 minutes).

5. Dave M said on 6th January 2008, 22:29

Yeuch. They’ve taken the one design trend that I detested from 2007 (the Toyota-esque integration of the upper front wing and the tip of the nose) and shoved it on their 2008 machine. Horrible.

I demand that these front bridge wings are banned!

6. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 6th January 2008, 22:32

Apart from that it’s hard to spot any major differences between it and the 2007 car.

7. Loki said on 7th January 2008, 1:05

It’s a thing of beauty. But I would say that, hehe. I think it was Chris Dyer who said the car is only beautiful if she wins – so fingers crossed!

I have to admit, I do like the menacing look of the F2007 and F2008 (look at the elevation from the top!) with the darker shade of red – Ferrari are turning to the dark side ;>

8. J. Neale said on 7th January 2008, 1:11

I have to say, I quite like the look of this car. I don’t mind the bridges. Would like to see more black incorperated though- it goes well. Perhaps it’s just the light, but the gold and chrome flakes seem to have gone- it’s missing that sparkle which is a shame.

9. J. Neale said on 7th January 2008, 1:18

The nose, I don’t like. Seems rather thin for a ferrari. Still, anything’s better than the ghastly McLaren nose.

10. Nico said on 7th January 2008, 1:24

I think it looks fantastic – especially the nose. In profile, though, it does look just like the F2007.
    Also, anyone know when the other cars are coming out?

11. If none of you can see the differences in the flicks, flaps and added side body geegaws on the ’08 model I suggest another look. They look like a remarkable composite of the McLaren and Honda devices. Hmmmm, a possible mole in both factories????????

And remember this will not be the same look of the car that gets to the grid in Melbourne.

As a McLaren fan I only hope they can come up with an entry to challenge. And if it does, Luca will still claim it’s because of the stolen IP. It will be long, painful year, regardless of our results!

12. AmericanTifosi said on 7th January 2008, 3:15

The F2008 looks so different from the ’07 car. I hate the front wing and I honestly think the F2007 was better on the eyes. Gotta love that “1″ on the nose though. Of the 2007 cars I think the BMW Sauber was the most beautiful.

13. I love it. Beautiful piece of Machinery. And yeah, I’m a Ferrari fanboy :D
    I’m so happy to see the big NO 1

14. George, McLaren admitted in their apology letter that the stolen info from Ferrari was used by them. What more one needs as proof?

Ferrari, have officially moved to the dark side (LOL… too good Loki). Um-ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

15. I do like the color and view from the top