Which F1 drivers do you like? (Poll)

Drivers, Melbourne, 2008, Red Bull, 470150

Two weeks ago I asked you to select which F1 teams you like to find out which were the most popular.

BMW came out on top, just ahead of Williams, with Toyota in last. You can see the full results of the poll here.

Now let’s find out which are the most popular drivers. Cast your votes below.

As before you can vote for more than one driver, so select the drivers you like:

Which F1 drivers do you like? (Select one or more)

• Kimi Raikkonen (4%)
  • Felipe Massa (2%)
  • Nick Heidfeld (1%)
  • Robert Kubica (67%)
  • Fernando Alonso (8%)
  • Nelson Piquet Jnr (0%)
  • Nico Rosberg (1%)
  • Kazuki Nakajima (1%)
  • David Coulthard (2%)
  • Mark Webber (2%)
  • Jarno Trulli (1%)
  • Timo Glock (0%)
  • Sebastien Bourdais (1%)
  • Sebastian Vettel (1%)
  • Jenson Button (1%)
  • Rubens Barrichello (2%)
  • Adrian Sutil (1%)
  • Giancarlo Fisichella (1%)
  • Lewis Hamilton (1%)
  • Heikki Kovalainen (2%)

Total Voters: 21,567

Loading ... Loading ...

View results from all F1 Fanatic polls here

Comments have been split across multiple pages. If you’re having trouble viewing the pages click here to see all comments.

197 comments on Which F1 drivers do you like? (Poll)

1 2 3 14
  1. Journeyer said on 14th July 2008, 12:40

Keith, it only allows us to select 1 driver at any given time. Fix the bug? Thanks! :)

2. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 14th July 2008, 12:41

Done – sorry about that.

3. TommyB said on 14th July 2008, 12:53

Everyone apart from Mark Webber lol

4. I remember watching the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix, thinking that Jarno Trulli was a rookie drifter who had simply got lucky in qualifying by lining up third on the grid. I figured that he would lose a few positions at the start, a few more on the first lap, and would finish the race somewhere out of the points.

To my surprise he overtook Jacques Villeneuve at the first corner, and took the lead when Mika Hakkinen’s engine let him down on the first lap. Just to prove he was deserving of his position, Trulli pulled away from the field and set a string of fastest laps in the process.

In my eyes a legend was born, and I have been a Jarno Trulli fan ever since. I just wish he could race like that more often!

5. Keith, this should be something like an open poll all through the season. Basically, the point I am trying to make is that since are allowing people to select more than one driver, some of the drivers whom you may not like/support otherwise, but based on the performance of the last few races, you might be inclined to vote for him. For example, Felipe would take a huge beating in this poll, simply for his pathetic performance in Silverstone, but had this poll been taken after Monaco then maybe Kimi and Adrian might have got biased ratings. Anyways, just a thought, but maybe, next season on, you can include another two polls alongside the race poll, asking people which are the teams/drivers they liked the best.

6. Loki said on 14th July 2008, 13:04

Like the teams, I’m not going to be sure of what to make of the results – I voted for most drivers, but I certainly like some drivers more than the others by quite a margin, and would rather see my favourites fayre better :p

Plus I kinda felt sorry for the ones I’m indifferent to…so I think I put in a sympathy vote in somewhere (why, I don’t know – at the end of the day they get to drive an F1 and I don’t!).

7. Internet said on 14th July 2008, 13:06

Keith, is it possible to make the poll show the results in ascending or descending order? Right now it’s hard to figure out the data in a quick glance.

8. I have 19 favorites — everyone except Massa.

9. Nothing wrong with Massa, he’s a happy little fella.

10. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 14th July 2008, 13:53

Why don’t you like Massa then Kevin?

Harkirat – I don’t know, do people really change which drivers they like that often?

11. Sush said on 14th July 2008, 13:58

I voted for Quick Nick at the time when we could only vote for one driver.

for his outstanding overtaking ability.

12. cyanide said on 14th July 2008, 14:15

Voted for quite a few. Sutil, Kimi, Heidfeld, Alonso, Barrichello and both the Red Bull drivers. If the poll was about drivers you absolutely adore, it would be Kimi and Alonso :)

13. Fer no 65 said on 14th July 2008, 14:45

voted for Heidfeld, Button, Webber, Bourdais, Nakajima and Fisichella xP…

strange they ALL count just 4 wins… but i like them…

i like many of the drivers… it would have been easier for me a “which F1 driver do you dislike” poll… jeje

everyone appart from Massa, Hamilton and Piquet Jnr. is fine for me

14. Rob R. said on 14th July 2008, 14:47

Does Massa still deserve the hate? He’s won 3 races in the post-TC era.

Maybe I’ve just gone soft.

15. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 14th July 2008, 14:52

Fer no 65 – what does ‘jeje’ mean?

1 2 3 14