McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

2010 F1 season

Button and Hamilton reveal the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25

Button and Hamilton reveal the McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25

McLaren has launched its 2010 challenger, the MP4-25.

The MP4-25 was officially presented at the headquarters of title sponsor Vodafone, with Lewis Hamilton joined by new team mate Jenson Button.

Some images of the MP4-25 leaked online ahead of its official launch. Here are studio photographs of the car and pictures from the launch.

McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25 launch

McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

Images ?? www.mclaren.com

141 comments on McLaren MP4-25 launch pictures

1. Scribe said on 29th January 2010, 18:56

I’ve just noticed something. The back wing doesn’t have a sponser, surley thats one of the most veiwed areas in f1, sometimes one of the most iconic.

Sureley they’ll find someone willing to print a name for cash on what is likely to be a race winning rearwing.

2. It looks like last year’s Renault.

3. Oh, sex on wheels!!! What a beautiful car. I wish mine looked like that. I know no boot or cd/radio but WOW!!!!!

4. The most radical design car since the Williams of 2004!

5. sato113 said on 30th January 2010, 2:32

i’m glad it’s got #1 on it. :)

6. Inc0mmunicado said on 30th January 2010, 4:31

I dont think they know if they will really run the shark fin.. I dont think an area that large goes blank on a high profile teams car. They have all the space back there for the merc logo and look where it ended up..its as if they placed the logos for a more traditional airbox/engine cover.

7. rabbit said on 30th January 2010, 5:11

Thats really beautiful !

By the way , what’s wrong with the forum ? I’ve been getting this error message -
    ERROR: Could not establish a database connection

8. MercFan said on 30th January 2010, 5:19

People are deceived by MP4-25 paint job. The car itself looks rather hideous. “Silver Arrow” only belongs to Merc and they better change it next year.

9. Paige said on 30th January 2010, 5:29

This is a very interesting design. Whitmarsh wasn’t kidding when he said it was.

I think it’s interesting that they covered the rear diffuser area. Macca is making big deal about the fact that they have an “extreme solution” for the diffuser, so they probably think they have something that will give them an advantage and don’t want to reveal it.

Someone mentioned the bits under the front wing. I find this part interesting; they look like “front” diffusers, if you will. This could be a very advantageous thing to have on the car that could correct for some of the rule changes pushing the car in a direction taking away front grip and pushing the grip balance toward the rear.

Whereas Ferrari look like they’ve copied the Red Bull nose, McLaren look to me like they’ve taken Brawn’s front nose and raised it.

10. Mystic said on 30th January 2010, 5:57

1st of all I am a Mclaren fan.. And I became a fan because of all the beautifull cars they always created.. But I must say this is the most uglyest silver truck I have ever seen.. The engine cover looks like a giant piece of nothingness.. And yes the car actually look slow.. So we will have to see on monday if this car is fast & innovative or just plain ugly & slow.. Good luck Mclaren ; )

11. David said on 30th January 2010, 10:48

Now I see that exhaust are directed towards the back, not laterally as it appeared. Thnaks for this great pictures.

12. that is one ugly looking car

13. Has any1 taken a look at the joining end of the fin? It is not straight but rather zig-zag finely covered with the red paint …… only God knows what that supposed to entail :)

14. This car looks sick

15. UncleJingo said on 30th January 2010, 17:45

Team Britian has launched. (Clearly I’m ignoring the minor factor of the engine)