Rate the race: 2011 German Grand Prix

Debates and polls

What did you think of the German Grand Prix? Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2011 German Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (1%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (1%)
  • 6 (1%)
  • 7 (12%)
  • 8 (31%)
  • 9 (35%)
  • 10 (18%)

Total Voters: 542

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?? Renault/LAT

199 comments on Rate the race: 2011 German Grand Prix

1. F1sauber (@f1sauber) said on 24th July 2011, 14:55

Great racing for the top positions, pity Mark did not make a good start (again) but lets not forget Sauber’s Kobayashi amazing 9 positions made up. Great excitement at the pits at the last lap! What were the Ferrari’s crew dreaming>?

2. BBT (@bbt) said on 24th July 2011, 14:56

A three way fight for the lead for most of the race what more can you ask for.

3. djdaveyp85 (@djdaveyp87) said on 24th July 2011, 14:57

Exciting from start to finish and delivered. Not as much overtaking as usual but a great race all the same.

4. It died a little after the first half but mostly I lvoed it. My ratings this year have been rubbish so I apologise to keith if he’s comparing them through the years. I didn’t expect as much action at the beginning of 2011 and I was pleasantly surprised and rated everything very high and now I’m stuck rating them higher than perhaps they should be.

5. Jack Holt said on 24th July 2011, 15:02

Three top drivers within a couple of seconds of one another for the whole race, each of them leading at different points (Alonso briefly!), question marks over the weather and the primes –

10/10

6. d3v0 (@d3v0) said on 24th July 2011, 15:03

9/10

Full of excitement for the first 2-3 stints, a complete nail-biter until lap 55 or so (whenever Lewis did a 1:34.6 or whatever on the prime tire).

Could have been a 10/10 with rain.

7. ScuderiaVincero (@scuderiavincero) said on 24th July 2011, 15:07

I’d like some clarification, as I was watching the Grand Prix, I heard Steve Slater say that if Mark Webber doesn’t come in for this third pit stop, he’d be penalized. Exactly why?

8. Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 24th July 2011, 15:09

9-10 for me. Excellent race, which by the way showed that Vettel is not a master driver unless he starts from pole and has superior car. If Germany happened 3 races ago, we would still have the title race wide open. Now it’s looking like 2009 revisited – total domination at the beginning and steady decline towards the end. A race without RB on the podium increasingly more probable.

• Jack Holt said on 24th July 2011, 15:14

Disagree, Massa had a lot less to lose than Vettel – which is why Rocky told Seb to be cautious.

• Cyclops_PL (@cyclops_pl) said on 24th July 2011, 15:24

Hym, Vettel who had 80 points lead in WDC and could easily DNF in 3 races in a row and still be the leader? For Massa fourth would have been a highlight of the season so far. It’s the second race in a row lost by Red Bull with now two teams on par with them or even slightly faster in the race trim. Vacation’s over senior Vettel.

• BasCB (@bascb) said on 24th July 2011, 16:34

I agree, that Seb had more to lose, but its not as if others did not try.

And Massa has his fair share of locking brakes where it might have been worth a chance, if Vettel had really pushed and been all over Massa.

It made for an interesting battle but It did nothing at all to disprove Vettel is not good at this kind of stuff.

• Mads (@mads) said on 24th July 2011, 15:22

It was a very bad weekend for Vettel. But why should he go all in on an overtake on Massa? Vettel had the upper hand and it was all about being patient and minimizing the point loss to his competitors and wait for that opportunity. If he had finished 5th it wouldn’t be the end of the world anyway when the only realistic position was 4th. After such a bad weekend in the end he still did the smart thing and waited for the end to get him.
      I think one of the problems is that the car is just not fast enough on the straights compared to the others. So it is really hard to overtake the others unless they make a slight mistake. Like Webber’s overtake on Hamilton earlier in the race.

9. bearforce1 said on 24th July 2011, 15:09

10. Super race again. I cant remember a season where every race has been brilliant.

10. craig-o (@craig-o) said on 24th July 2011, 15:10

10, there was always drama for a dry race! And 3 different cars fighting it out right until the very end!!

11. Mads (@mads) said on 24th July 2011, 15:16

Easily 9. Great race. Had there been a quick rain shower and some more confusion and strategy differences it would have been 10 clearly. Great battle at front and as soon as that died out slightly there was the battle for fourth between Massa and Vettel and all sorts of other action. Just brilliant.

12. Ella (@ella) said on 24th July 2011, 15:20

9/10 – So tense, even if overtaking was somewhat lacking. And the battle at the front! When I had absolutely no idea who was going to win! I’m still so elated even though Lewis won (and even I can admit that he was the class of the field today; that overtake on Alonso was perfection and it killed me a little inside, haha); it was so thrilling!

The ferrari pit stop blunder (which I’ve come to expect at least once a race now) that completely undid Massa’s race-long fight is why I deducted a point. Massa did so well, and it was looking like he’d actually get fourth place.

I should have known better.

Oh and the hitch hike with Alonso and Webber just completed what was a great race. Hope he doesn’t get penalised for not having enough fuel.

13. Martin said on 24th July 2011, 15:27

great race, MOSTLY decided by masterful passes by Hamilton and Alonso, the two greatest racers on the track (I know, I know, but this is a completely different career from Michael’s earlier F1 days)

14. tkcom (@tkcom) said on 24th July 2011, 15:31

10/10 Made us not wanting to go back to Hockenheim ever again. A single TV screen is not enough to contain all the dramas. No rain required.