2012 Chinese Grand Prix grid

22. Charles Pic 1’39.717
Marussia
Row 12 23. Pedro de la Rosa 1’40.411
HRT
24. Narain Karthikeyan 1’41
HRT

*Five-place grid penalty for gearbox change.

2012 Chinese Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Chinese Grand Prix articles

52 comments on 2012 Chinese Grand Prix grid

1. Kobayashi24 (@kobayashi24) said on 14th April 2012, 8:06

Schumi ftw doe

2. HxCas (@hxcas) said on 14th April 2012, 8:07

Awesome qualy session with a good amount of surprises. Stoked for Nico but I’m trying to keep my expectations in check for the race

3. Kingshark (@kingshark) said on 14th April 2012, 8:08

Rosberg 1st, Kobayashi 4th, and Vettel 11th. This qualifying put a big smile on my face. :D

4. Estesark (@estesark) said on 14th April 2012, 8:09

I didn’t see that one coming. Brilliant for Nico, not only taking pole, but taking it in the first part of the session, then getting out of the car, and still beating everyone else by over half a second. That’s style.

Tomorrow is going to be fantastic, I think. We’re either going to get a new winner in Rosberg or Kobayashi, a first comeback win for Schumacher, or a fantastic drive to the front from someone like Räikkönen, Hamilton or even Webber.

5. HUHHII (@huhhii) said on 14th April 2012, 8:09

If Räikkönen manages to keep his position during the race start, he’s going to win tomorrow. Kobayashi won’t be able to keep Kimi behind his back and Mercedes’ race pace is awful. Really looking forward to tomorrow!

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 14th April 2012, 9:05

Agree. Kimi is the dark horse for the win tomorrow, although a lot depends on how strong the Mclarens are in the early part of the race.

• Matt said on 14th April 2012, 12:24

I disagree. Kobayashi held his own very well against Kimi in Australia, even though he had quite severe damage to his car. I’m hoping the Mercedes’ drop back and he becomes the surprise winner. If not, at least another podium for Sauber would be fantastic! The McLaren’s will definitely be ones to watch though.

6. Pamphlet (@pamphlet) said on 14th April 2012, 8:10

Holy ****. This race could goddamn go either way. Tipping Schuey or Kimi for the win on this one, although Kamui could really surprise us if Sauber’s recent run of performance is anything to go by.

7. bananarama (@bananarama) said on 14th April 2012, 8:11

Great for Mercedes! Fantastic lap by Rosberg but Schumacher must feel disappointed, his objective must be getting out of the first corner in the lead. Lets see how far they will fall back during the race.

Also I think Massa had a good day. Just wanted to mention it, since thats a rare occasion lately.

8. plutoniumhunter (@plutoniumhunter) said on 14th April 2012, 8:11

Mega lap from Rosberg. Hope the Mercedes’ and Kobayashi are up for podiums!

9. NomadIndian (@nomadindian) said on 14th April 2012, 8:15

Kobayashi spoilt for choice, slotted between Michael and Kimi

10. Ritvik Vinodkumar (@ritvik-vinodkumar) said on 14th April 2012, 8:17

Love the 1st two rows

11. Meander said on 14th April 2012, 8:20

Oh wow, Kobayashi can win this. I don’t see why the Sauber wouldn’t be able to hold back the Lotus. Button as underdog!

12. Palle (@palle) said on 14th April 2012, 8:21

Very surprising, especially Vettel and Kobayashi. I didn’t see that comming. It will be good to see the Silberpfeile on the front row, but I don’t think they will end the race in top 5 due to their rear wheel issues. And will Kimi stay in top 5 during the race? Will Vettel be able to move forward into top 5?
    I’m sure Hamilton will move forward, unless he is unlucky.
    Frankly I don’t think the 3 first on the grid will end in top 5 – so it will be an exiting race.

13. SHM said on 14th April 2012, 8:30

So rows 1,7,8,9,10,11,12 are all team mates.amazing quali.can’t wait for the race…….

14. sebsronnie (@sebsronnie) said on 14th April 2012, 8:35

I was so sure, after analysing the contribution of sector 3 to the overall laptime that a Mercedes would be on pole (01:35.012). But I chose the wrong one for my prediction!?!? In the race, since they can only use the DRS while overtaking and given their tyre handling, I predicted the best Merc to come in at 5th (Rosberg). Can’t wait for this race!

15. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 14th April 2012, 8:39

Probably the best qualifying result I’ve ever seen as far as the top 10 goes. Congratulations to Sauber for sticking both cars in the top 10 so comfortably and of course great session from Mercedes.