2013 F1 calendar
Plans for the street track in New Jersey which will host America’s second F1 race on the 2013 F1 calendar have been revealed online.
The design by Hermann Tilke confirm the proposed 5.15km (3.2-mile) layout that was revealed when the race was announced last October.
The clockwise layout will have its start/finish line next to the ferry terminal by the Hudson River.
The track will cross a bridge over a railway after which the cars’ passage through a series of natural curves will be slowed by the addition of a chicane.
The final part of the lap include a long, high-speed stretch from the turn 17 hairpin to a pair of 90-degree turns which return the cars to the start/finish straight and pit complex.
You can view the plans in full here.
F1 in New York
- New Jersey confirms 2013 F1 street race plans
- New Jersey Grand Prix expected to be announced on Tuesday
- New plans for New York Grand Prix track in 2013
- Ecclestone still chasing New York dream
- New York F1 track plans revealed ?óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Jersey City bids for 2012 night race
- Whitmarsh: F1 needs more than one race in the USA
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others