Rate the race: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix

2012 Belgian Grand Prix

Kimi Raikkonen, Lotus, Spa-Francorchamps, 2012What did you think of the Belgian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (2%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (2%)
  • 4 (3%)
  • 5 (4%)
  • 6 (10%)
  • 7 (20%)
  • 8 (32%)
  • 9 (22%)
  • 10 (5%)

Total Voters: 520

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

Image ?? Lotus F1 Team/LAT

164 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Belgian Grand Prix

1. dirgegirl (@dirgegirl) said on 2nd September 2012, 14:51

Would have been just a 7, even though I am a Button booster, because the first corner shenanigans robbed us of a potential classic and it was too strung out by the end. But Jacky Ickx made it an 8 by telling Kimi that he was “finishing turd”. Awesome.

2. Timothy Katz (@timothykatz) said on 2nd September 2012, 14:53

I was really looking forward to racing challenges from the lesser names like Kobayashi and Perez. A shame that Grosjean’s moment of madness deprived us of two championship contenders as well.
    Overall, not bad and good entertainment to see the Marussias trying to beat each other up! JB could not have done anything more to enliven the race apart from crossing trhe line backwards. 6 overall, I think.

3. I’d say it’s worth an 8, 8.5. Quite entertaining all in all. Sure, not as great as other races here in the past. Most of them actually. But…still a good way to get back into business after the summer break.

That battle for 3rd and onwards between Schumacher, Raikkonen, Hulkenberg and Webber is not something you see everyday. Plus, it might have been just produced one of this year’s best overtakes – Raikkonen on Schumacher just into Eau Rouge.

Vergne’s campaign through the field – nice to watch as well. Those onboards might have convinced me he’s not such a bad driver afterall. Also, I could watch those onboards from Vettel all day as well.
    Good to see Massa having another decent weekend.

Too bad Raikkonen didn’t find the pace to challenge for the lead, too bad the Saubers and Alonso got taken out of contention at the start, too bad Button looked like the only driver who managed to get 100% out of his car. All these things have definitely dialed down the quality of the race and the rating as well.

Still, we had more racing than technicalities this time. That can only be a good thing. 8.

4. andae23 (@andae23) said on 2nd September 2012, 14:56

9 for me: first corner took away a lot of the fun, but it did mix up the field. I loved to see Vettel fighting his way to second place, and the Raikkonen-Schumacher fight was pure brilliance. I mean: first time around, Raikkonenn doesn’t get past Schumacher despite DRS, second time around he passes him at the Bus stop, but gets passed again on Kemmel straight. This means he needs to think of something different, so he passes him at Eau Rouge, Webber-style. I don’t know if this is what he was thinking, but anyway you slice it, that was a brilliant move. Battles for every position except first, Jenson was just dominant this weekend so congrats to him!

5. smokinjoe (@smokinjoe) said on 2nd September 2012, 14:57

This race could have been really interesting but this sort of events happen when 1-2 crazy youngsters try to overtake all the field in 1 corner.
    Great job,Grosjean….1 fault-4 cars out!
    Keep it up with the great job you do !

6. A generous 8/10. I enjoyed the battle for 3rd and 4th, and a good battle between the Marussias. Bloody hell though, the crash at the start was scary.

I must also say how sad I was to see both Saubers involved in the aeroplane crash at the start, which retired Perez and ruined Kobayashi’s race.

7. carl craven said on 2nd September 2012, 15:00

Funny, but if Vettel or Hamilton had driven like Button today, this race would be getting 10 from most people.

Thankfully it was very boring, hoping for a boring Monza also.

8. Maksutov (@maksutov) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:03

Best driver: Vettel

Well done to Button. Grosjean again causes the crash, i would say it is his fault. That noob will never learn.

Very disrespectful reaction from Raikkonen on Schumacher. MSC did quite good with a crap car. Nothing more to be said.

• tmekt (@tmekt) said on 2nd September 2012, 16:13

What reaction?

• Maksutov (@maksutov) said on 2nd September 2012, 16:28

I am not sure if they showed that footage where you are, but after the race (just before they got up on the stage), Kimi was asked a question by Vettel on overtaking Schumacher. And Kimi rather unprofessionally expressed a puff, following with a comment on how Schumacher was slow, giving indication that he was more of a nuisance than a challenge. I rather disagree with that. I think MSC gave Kimi a good challenge and they had a good battle all the way through. Just seemed like zero respect by kimi there.

• tmekt (@tmekt) said on 2nd September 2012, 17:39

I saw the footage yeah but didn’t get the same impression. I don’t remember the exact wording Kimi used though but Kimi has never seemed to be the person to disrespect other drivers …that’s the way I see it anyway

Schumi gave up a bit easily in Eau Rouge IMO but I guess his tires were pretty much dead at that point

• bosyber (@bosyber) said on 4th September 2012, 10:22

I thought Kimi was referring to the car @maksutov & @tmekt, and they agreed Schumacher (Vettel said it?) is hard to pass anyway even if his car isn’t up to speed. Didn’t hear it fully though so might be wrong.

9. Asif (@) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:08

7 for me. Lots of action removed by Grosjean and Maldanado. Glad Fernando is well! Vettel driver of day for me.

10. petebaldwin (@petebaldwin) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:08

Great race but would have been better had Hamilton and Alonso not gone out…

11. MahavirShah (@mahavirshah) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:09

I quite enjoyed the race. What made it enjoyable was the fact that even with Hamilton and Alonso being taken out at the first corner, the racing quality and thrill was quite the same. Bruno Senna’s defence early on was quite fun to watch. True Button basically romped away to a win and that took out a bit of the fun, yet the fight between Kimi and Schumi and Nico and Webber was quite tense and thrilling. And what would F1 be without Pastor doing something or the other wrong every race. For a second I actually thought that 23 cars had stalled on the grid with only Pastor who had drive.

12. Ron (@rcorporon) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:09

Well, Hamilton and Alonso were both on the side of the road after turn 1 and Seb put on a clinic for the entire race. 10 from me.

13. DC (@dujedcv) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:09

Kimi, you finished turd …. Jacky is the BEST

14. DC (@dujedcv) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:12

And Maldonado going like a pro at the start

15. F1fanNL (@) said on 2nd September 2012, 15:13

Magnificant race. Lots of good overtakes outside the DRS zone and battles from 2nd to 12th for most of the race.
    I would have given it a 10 if Button was in the action as well but this deserved a 9.