Rate the race: 2012 Singapore Grand Prix

2012 Singapore Grand Prix

Fernando Alonso, Ferrari, Marina Bay, 2012What did you think of the Singapore Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Singapore Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (3%)
  • 2 (2%)
  • 3 (6%)
  • 4 (8%)
  • 5 (15%)
  • 6 (22%)
  • 7 (25%)
  • 8 (13%)
  • 9 (3%)
  • 10 (3%)

Total Voters: 557

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Singapore Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Singapore Grand Prix articles

Image ?é?® Singapore GP/Sutton

134 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Singapore Grand Prix

1 2 3 6
  1. xivizmath (@xivizmath) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:08

That’s 3/10 for me. Nothing special.

2. Incredibly boring! 4/10 for the few good battles.

• PJ (@pjtierney) said on 23rd September 2012, 17:39

4 for me. Not a whole lot happened before the Safety Cars (which themselves were too long). Were it not for the interesting battles near the end I’d have rated it lower.

• damonsmedley (@damonsmedley) said on 23rd September 2012, 18:31

I thought it was one of the best races of the year! So much drama, like last week, and constant battling. Was on the edge of my seat for the entire race!

• Franton said on 23rd September 2012, 18:34

Not sure what race you were watching, but it wasn’t what I saw!

• I agree about the drama but dislike the night/street format, it’s like watching a race in a tunnel, you need the chicanes and start finish grid to know what part of the track you are looking at. I gave it 5 for lots of action but think I was probably to generous.

• Todfod (@todfod) said on 24th September 2012, 7:11

@damonsmedley . I have to agree with you. I thought this race was one of the most exciting races of the year. There was non stop battling, accidents, safety car periods, strategic gambles and drama for Mclaren fans.

I thought the race would be better if Lewis was still in it, and Vettel and him had to battle it out for P1 with all the safety car periods and pit stop strategy. I still had to rate the race 8.

I think a lot of Mclaren &n Hamilton fans are disappointed hence the low rating

3. 5 for me. I liked the carnage in the middle of the race, with the two SC periods and all that followed. But the rest of the GP was pretty dull, and 2 hours… is quite a long looong time.

Hangover doesn’t help either. Back to bed now !

4. quite boring.

5. First half of the race was incredibly boring, safety car was just back in when it had to come back out again, no fight for the lead and some disappointing DNF’s. Massa was great though, that overtake on Senna was insane!

6. 7: I enjoyed it – some good overtakes, and some great driving control (Massa), there was lots of action, crashes and close shaves.

• Zubair (@zubair380) said on 23rd September 2012, 19:48

Agree, would’ve been a 6 for me, but Massa’s absolutely mad overtake and a few others is what lifted it slightly to a 7.
      Other than that, I felt it was a rather slow paced race.

7. Pretty much an avarage race yeah. A bit of action in the last quarter with Massa doing some of it. And not too bad between the pack WEB, PER, KOB, HUL and PER.
    But a big shame about Hamilton and Maldonado dropping out for a more exiting race.

8. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:12

Six for me. Some drama but otherwise fairly dull.

9. Alehud42 (@alehud42) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:14

Lewis’ retirement took the sting out of the race that perfectly demonstrates why Singapore is one of the worst tracks on the calendar.

10. Younger Hamii (@younger-hamii) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:14

7. Race eventually became more vibrant in the latter stages but other than that, nothing spectacular really (albeit Massa’s move on Bruno).

11. A 7 from me. I know it seems a but much, but from a street circuit I wasn’t expecting wheel-to-wheel stuff for 2 hours. Good racing in the second half though

12. Dimitris 1395 (@dimitris-1395) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:15

The race was a disgrace to Formula 1. Mechanical failures formed the outcome and it was just pathetic to see exhausted drivers just trying to complete an unecessary duration of a extremely boring race. Please make the race shorter, no driver can race there…

13. bosyber (@bosyber) said on 23rd September 2012, 15:16

I found the first 10 laps after the 2nd SC very interesting, first bit wasn’t very, then HAM going out apparently meant we’d have no real fight for the win with BUT waiting until he had too little pace on the softs, well done McLaren …. Some good action from Massa, great race from di Resta, and Alonso got his podium once again to keep him well ahead in the WDC. Not too bad two hours, but not great compared to some of the other races this year.

14. Himmat Singh. said on 23rd September 2012, 15:16

4 from me. Was quite a procession for the first 30 odd laps. Even after that it was plain old boring. I’d take 2 hours of Spa or Monza, but never Singapore (or Monaco for that matter).

15. Which race? The one before or after the safety car?
    The first 30 laps are worthy of a 4 and the last 30 of a 6, maybe. So, I’m gonna say 5 in average. Still, too much of a simulated Monacoesque experience for my taste. It would have ranked even lower if it wasn’t for the scrambles in midfield and the safety car periods turning the strategies upside down.

Still, one could say this was a bit less boring than watching tyres wear.

1 2 3 6