Rate the race: 2012 United States Grand Prix

2012 United States Grand Prix

Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, Circuit of the Americas, 2012What did you think of the United States Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 United States Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (0%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (2%)
  • 7 (8%)
  • 8 (24%)
  • 9 (35%)
  • 10 (31%)

Total Voters: 701

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 United States Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

213 comments on Rate the race: 2012 United States Grand Prix

1 5 6 7
  1. GeoXman said on 19th November 2012, 17:08

One other fantastic coincidence:
    Did anybody notice that Alonso, Hamilton, and Vettel together on the podium were arranged as red, white, and blue. A perfect picture for a perfect return to F1 in the USA.

2. 10.
    This race had the exciting battles we saw in Abu Dhabi, great recovery drives like Alonso in Valencia, but it also had a battle for the lead which was thrilling and there were no penalties handed for silly driving like two weeks ago. Probably in the end there could have been a little more excitement, but this race was awesome and I couldn’t have asked for more.

3. Hairs (@hairs) said on 19th November 2012, 22:48

9’s and 10’s?

Good, but not that good. I might have to bother watching the last half of the race now… or not.

In the last few races, I’ve watched two on fast forward, skipped one entirely, watched half of this one, and only watched abu dhabi in full. I honestly don’t feel like I’ve missed out on much.

4. Palle (@palle) said on 19th November 2012, 23:05

Said by @david-a: “Instead of twisting clear facts, just accept it- Vettel is one of the top drivers in F1. Like your Hamilton. Doesn’t mean you can’t root for him. Just reciprocate the respect Vettel fans give your driver, instead of trying to drag his achievements down.” to @freelittlebirds.
    Very well put, even if the discussion behind it was more or less based on the false thesis that drivers performance are almost static over their career – just watch Massa or Schumacher.

5. socalf1fan (@socalf1fan) said on 20th November 2012, 2:19

I gave it a 9.

Reasons why I may have overrated the race:
    1. I was there, it was my first in-person race and it was awesome. So I’m inclined to overrate.
    2. I’m a Button fan and a McLaren fan and I’ll admit that I enjoyed the HAM win and Button’s nice move up the track.
    3. I haven’t yet watched the telecast, so I haven’t actually “seen” the race

Reasons why I think I may have NOT overrated it:

1. Lots of clean, fair and exciting wheel-to-wheel racing.
    2. An actual pass for the lead and numerous passes in the middle of the points for position.
    3. I was there and it was my first race in person and it was awesome :)

6. smifaye (@smifaye) said on 20th November 2012, 8:55

I gave this one an 8. I felt that for a new track this provided a great race and especially after everyone was saying it won’t be a classic after practice and qualifying with the tyres not suiting the track.

We saw some good battles and some good wheel to wheel racing, comparing that to Abu Dhabi the drivers looked World Class again. Interesting to see drivers work their way through the field like Button and also Alonso and Massa.

7. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 21st November 2012, 13:56

Good, solid race. The only thing I can mark it down on is Alonso’s inability to catch Webber on merit, that didn’t really make for much in the way of entertainment but other than that it was good to watch. Vettel clinging on to Hamilton like he did was very impressive, watching them two behave like an elastic band around the circuit; closing an opening gaps at their various strong and weak points.

8. I gave it a 9.

A great race,I only saw the BBC highlights but there seemed to action all the way through the race, and we had a good battle for the lead.

The circuit defiantly seems like a good one.

9. D Winter said on 22nd November 2012, 1:35

The rate was a solid 10. Anything better would have had Kobayashi in 2nd. and Rosberg in 3rd.

1 5 6 7