Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, Interlagos, 2012What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (64%)

Total Voters: 835

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Sahara Force India F1 Team

240 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

1. sw280 (@sw280) said on 25th November 2012, 19:19

Perfect race, 10/10 for the entertainment… sadly the the championship result was a 1/10

2. melkurion (@melkurion) said on 25th November 2012, 19:20

Best race I have seen in a loooong time, even better than Austin!

Gutted by the drive through fot the Hulk :( For most of the race I couldn’t have cared less for the championship, I just wanted Nico to win!!!!!

Kimi on the escape road was a highlight , haha

3. enmassaskor (@enmassaskor) said on 25th November 2012, 19:23

10/10
    I’m still dizzy

4. Dan_the_McLaren_fan (@dan_the_mclaren_fan) said on 25th November 2012, 19:24

Excellent race! The perfect way to end a championship! An abolsute thriller with all the right ingredients : constantly changing weather, light rain (just enough to put the intermediates, but not enough for the full wet tyres), Vettel having to fight from the last position with a broken exhaust, strong races from underdogs (Hulk who should have finished on the podium, his penalty was unfair, Kobayashi, and in a certain way, Massa), constantly changing situations where the championship would go to one or the other driver, unpredictable winners (such a shame that the Hamilton-Hulk incident took place), funny situations (like Raikkonen wanting to race on the old circuit), safety cars with restarts not disrupted by drivers a lap down, and also other battles entertaining to watch (like the battle for the 2nd and 10th place in the constructor championship).

A well deserved 10/10

5. KaIIe (@kaiie) said on 25th November 2012, 19:25

How can you give this thriller anything but 10/10?

6. F1 Novice said on 25th November 2012, 19:25

Move of the race = Räikkönen’s quick reactions whilst taking extreme evasive action on Lap 1 to avoid Vettel’s rear end.

• cg22me (@cg22me) said on 25th November 2012, 19:49

Entertainer of the Race = Raikkonen
      For fights against Schumacher, radio comments and, of course, taking a detour to the old circuit for the lolz of it (and still claim a point from it, too)

• Kimi4WDC said on 25th November 2012, 23:07

+1 Kimi’s season be in a tutorial DVD for wheel to wheel driving F1 car. Young drivers take notes.

7. Todfod (@todfod) said on 25th November 2012, 19:28

I had to keep the disappointment of Alonso’s loss away while rating this race.

The 1st race I’ve ever rated 10

8. Njack (@njack) said on 25th November 2012, 19:30

9. Pity Hulk missed out on a win. Hamilton takes over from Webber as “Unluckiest driver in F1″ for this year.

9. Lorenzo (@thegamer23) said on 25th November 2012, 19:31

The right definition of “Season Finale”.
    10/10

10. Laura (@laurateapot) said on 25th November 2012, 19:32

Could not be anything other than a 10… will go down as an absolute classic

11. F1fanNL (@) said on 25th November 2012, 19:34

10.

No explanation needed I’d say.

12. Some people have voted this race a 2: to them I ask, are you blind? It’s plain to see that this has been the greatest race of the season and quite possibly one of the greatest of all time. Fantastic driving from both of the title contenders, either of them deserved to be champion.

I would also like to say thank you Schumacher, you are one of the greatest! A fitting drive to bow out on.

• cg22me (@cg22me) said on 25th November 2012, 19:51

Agreed. Whether or not it was a “favourite”, in terms of entertainment and results… I cannot see, by anyone’s criteria, how it’d be ranked a 2.

• pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 25th November 2012, 20:41

Just someone being stupid or sour grapes, or possibly Alonso’s Mum?

But this gets me thinking, Keith, do you keep records of who voted what? If you do maybe chuck that info somehow into our profiles so we can see what each other voted? No need for it to be secret methinks? It may stop the silly votes. I do accept that everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. But anyone voting anything less than a 5 (which itself would be unwarranted) for this spectacle of a sporting event must be doing it for vindictive reasons?

• xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 25th November 2012, 20:41

from the percentages etc, 3 or 4 people voted it as a 1!!
        Madness

• matt90 (@matt90) said on 25th November 2012, 22:14

I can’t say thank you Schumacher. He apparently moved over for Vettel, which I do not appreciate. Had they both been one position further back, then that move would have unfairly gifted the championship. As it was, it made no difference thankfully.

• brny666 said on 25th November 2012, 23:55

Well ifs are ifs. IF the gravel was left there on the outside of turn one the championship would have been decided by lap 9 or something when Alonso missed the turn in.

13. Alehud42 (@alehud42) said on 25th November 2012, 19:38

10. In the top 5 races this season, but as a championship finale nothing can ever beat 2008. Nothing, ever, will beat the Ferrari garage that time.

14. Johnathan Ramey (@sebasvettelfanatic) said on 25th November 2012, 19:39

I did enjoy the race but it wasn’t like 2008.

• pSynrg (@psynrg) said on 25th November 2012, 20:46

I know what your saying but do you remember much else from the race besides what Lewis got up to? “That” last corner moment – indeed one the greatest in all of F1 – is the single defining characteristic of that race – most else is forgotten.

This one had it all, besides that particular kind of moment and I’ll remember most of it well.

I think to have another 2008 moment will only ever happen if Lewis is involved in some way again. Because let’s face it, there’s rarely a dull moment if Lewis Hamilton is in the mix, which he invariably is!

15. Colossal Squid (@colossal-squid) said on 25th November 2012, 19:41

Incredible. If anyone ever says F1 is ‘boring’, or if there is anyone out there who still doubts that in F1 anything can happen, this race is your answer. This finale stands alongside 2008 as one of the best races I’ve ever seen in my 15 or so years watching this sport. I’ll remember it fondly for as long as I live even if the guy I wanted to win didn’t. A fantastic, dramatic, unpredictable finale for a fantastic, dramatic and unpredictable season.