Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, Interlagos, 2012What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (64%)

Total Voters: 835

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Sahara Force India F1 Team

240 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

1. King Six (@kingsix) said on 25th November 2012, 23:19

Best race this season. If only Hulkenberg or Lewis would have won it, but still deserves a perfect 10.

2. Kimi finished all laps this seasns bar 1 :)
    He finished 1 Lap behind the leaders.
    I am still hoping for 25s penalty for the yellow flag.
    What a race, considering I only watch the live timing and the F1F live blog.
    Congratulations to all.

3. Sebastian Vettel did not deserve to be World Champion

@prisoner-monkeys Who did, the guy whose team mate gives up track position and grid spots for him?

Don’t get me wrong, Alonso has driven superbly this season, and will get my number one spot in the end of season driver rankings. Ferrari are also entitled to employ whatever tactics they choose, provided they don’t break the rules.

However, any claim to a moral victory is lost when you employ tactics of that kind.

If Alonso had won with a second place given up to him by Massa, THAT would have been undeserved.

This constant belittling of Vettel is truly tiresome.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 25th November 2012, 23:41

@tdog

I’d rather him than the guy who had both his team mate and another team give up track position for him.

I can understand team order. They’re legal, part of a team sport, and to be expected when one driver has a shot at a championship and the other does not.

But for Red Bull Racing to be in a position where they can order Toro Rosso to move aside simply because the same company pays their bills is very unfair.

• But for Red Bull Racing to be in a position where they can order Toro Rosso to move aside simply because the same company pays their bills is very unfair

I must have missed those team orders, no doubt you have evidence?

In any event, I don’t want to get too far off topic. We all have our subjective views about who is the most deserving. Ultimately, we have a points system to determine who deserves the title.

Why not just be gracious, say congratulations to Vettel, commiserations to Alonoso, and let’s all look forward to 2013, which can’t come soon enough.

• Prisoner Monkeys (@prisoner-monkeys) said on 26th November 2012, 0:54

Why should I congratulate Vettel? He might be World Champion, but I don’t think he deserves it. I don’t think he’s deserved any of his championships. I place considerable value on a driver’s attitude, and I find Vettel to be childish and the product of an unscupulous win-at-all-costs corporate culture, and I can’t respect that. If I can’t respect a driver, how can I congratulate him?

• David-A (@david-a) said on 26th November 2012, 2:00

Why do you consider him to be childish, or so much more childish than the other drivers on today’s grid? And how can you justify disrespecting Vettel, but respecting any of his rivals without displaying clear double standards?

• beneboy (@beneboy) said on 26th November 2012, 13:30

I find Vettel to be childish

So says the person who earlier said he gave the race 0/10…

• Tyler massa was on slicks I think when alonso passed him.

The guy with the most points deserves it. You can have luck with yellow flags, no pen after blocking, rule interpretations etc but it doesn’t matter how you score them as long as you do. Red bull are very good at it.

4. Howard (@howard) said on 26th November 2012, 0:01

OMG what a race!

9/10

SC at the ruined it.

Raikkonnen was awesome to avoid demolishing Vettel at the start, i guess he knew the gravity of the situation?

Can someone breakdown Senna and Vettel accident??
    I say racing incident.

• petebaldwin (@petebaldwin) said on 26th November 2012, 12:22

Senna was trying to have a look up the inside as Vettel left him a big gap and then he cut across the track to take the racing line.

Not saying it’s Vettel’s fault but by leaving a big gap, it invited Senna to have a look.

Racing incident for me.

5. 91jb12 (@91jb12) said on 26th November 2012, 0:42

10/10
    Quite simply, it had everything

6. Journeyer (@journeyer) said on 26th November 2012, 1:18

I still think Brazil 2008 was a better GP for tension and gutchecks. But if I compared every race to that, nothing would ever get a 10 again. This ran that 2008 race very close, though, and this race deserves every point of its 10/10.

I liked this result much more than the 08 result, though. Less heartbreak for me. :D

7. dam00r (@dam00r) said on 26th November 2012, 2:59

This season FIA have been very reasonable with their decisions.
    Credits to them.

This season will also be remembered as one of the worst for McLaren.. what happened?
    The World Championship title should’ve been Hamiltons this year. He would’ve now had over 300 points.

See you all next year, replacement for Jake (BBC) will be………………. CHRIS EVANS!
    You heard it here first.

8. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 26th November 2012, 3:43

No matter Brazil never forgets to entertain us.

9. Gabriel (@naylamp) said on 26th November 2012, 4:36

Interlagos should be raced three times a year:
    1. Brazil GP
    2. South American GP
    3. South Atlantic GP

10. Joey-Poey (@joey-poey) said on 26th November 2012, 5:02

If it weren’t for that final safety car, it would have been a 10. But my jaw was on the floor for the first half and my nails were in my mouth for the second half!

11. MarcusAurelius (@marcusaurelius) said on 26th November 2012, 7:17

It’s the first time I voted for a 10. Although my favorite didn’t win it had the highest entertainment value I’ve ever seen…
    At least I got to cheer for Caterham (although I feel sorry for Marussia).

12. Mallesh Magdum (@malleshmagdum) said on 26th November 2012, 7:48

The first half of the race looked like highlights…such fast paced action…..Sad to see Hulkenberg not winning

13. spankythewondermonkey (@spankythewondermonkey) said on 26th November 2012, 9:10

straight 10 from me. how vettel’s car survived that first lap incident escapes me.
    best race of the season, and mclaren’s tooned was also the best of the year ;)

14. Sam Andrew said on 26th November 2012, 9:12

It’s a 10, not quite as tense as 2008 but still one of the best races ever.

shame about the 2 saftey cars, Hulkenberg deserved 2nd after staying out with Button on slicks

15. Win7Golf (@win7golf) said on 26th November 2012, 10:43

The only stain in a hell of a race, was Hamilton been shoved off and not ending his season in McLaren with a win and a 2nd place for Button, in order to pass Kimi in the Drivers Champ and Ferrari in the Constructors… We can’t have all. Great race!