Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, Interlagos, 2012What did you think of the Brazilian Grand Prix? Share your verdict on today’s race.

Rate the race out of ten and leave a comment below:

Rate the 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• 1 (1%)
  • 2 (0%)
  • 3 (0%)
  • 4 (0%)
  • 5 (0%)
  • 6 (0%)
  • 7 (2%)
  • 8 (8%)
  • 9 (25%)
  • 10 (64%)

Total Voters: 835

Loading ... Loading ...

1 = ‘Terrible’, 10 = ‘Perfect’

See the results for past seasons here:

2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?é?® Sahara Force India F1 Team

240 comments on Rate the race: 2012 Brazilian Grand Prix

1 7 8 9
  1. AndrewTanner (@andrewtanner) said on 26th November 2012, 20:38

Nothing short of a 10/10. Best race I’ve ever seen. It had everything and more and while the start couldn’t have been worse for Vettel, it couldn’t have been better for the (non-Vettel/unbiased) fans.

2. Pink Peril (@pink-peril) said on 26th November 2012, 21:54

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? A definite 10 – in fact the last quarter of the season has thrown up 3 abosulte corkers – can anyone else remember such a fantastic end to a season? I am disappointed that Alonso didn’t win the WDC – I thought he deserved to win, afterall with that car he was driving he shouldn’t have even been in contention. But an epic race & season finale regardless.

3. Gabriel Fernando (@gabrielfernando) said on 27th November 2012, 21:05

Interlagos=Perfect track to end the championship.
    Mayor Haddad, come on let’s do the new pits to not let Interlag go!!!

4. don brown said on 27th November 2012, 22:50

Austin was good, Brasil had to be epic, and it was !

5. What a race and what a way to finish the season. The on track action in the race itself, coupled with the fact it was the title decider probably made it the race of the season for me.

I was tempted to give it a 10 but that would mean I thought it to be a perfect race and could not be improved in anyway, so I gave it a 9 instead.

6. bosyber (@bosyber) said on 13th December 2012, 7:53

Yesterday I finally found time to rewatch the race. Of course, rewatching it I know how it would end. Still, I was surprised by how badly I was kept up to date by the FOM broadcast, I don’t think there was any lead change we got to see the first time as a replay of a minute before when they were showing another replay, usually needed because of too much focus on what Vettel or Alonso was doing right at that moment. Except at the start, where neither Alonso nor Vettel were directly followed, which would have been very useful.

With that out of the way, I really, really enjoyed the race, it was great to see. Upon rewatching I was also struck again, as I was when watching it the first time, by the only real tense fight in the WDC: that for tenth, which was closely fought on track between Marussia and Caterham. Since the tenseness of that fight meant that quite a few of the front runners had trouble passing them, and since it indirectly lead to Button inheriting the lead again after HAM got stuck behind that fight, than clipped out by Hulkenberg who got a drive-through, it was also of vital importance to the race. If I were making a review of this race I would try to show it from those cars, as they did get to see most of the action in the race.

That said, I have to value the Austin race higher, because that race did not get spiced up by rain induced mistakes. But the added extra of it being a season finale puts it up there again. Great end to a great season for me.

7. Mouselandf1 said on 6th June 2013, 11:36