2013 Canadian Grand Prix result

2013 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2013 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Timing data ?? Formula One World Championship Limited 2013

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty

58 comments on 2013 Canadian Grand Prix result

1. Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 9th June 2013, 20:45

That was a pretty emphatic victory! The championship is looking good for Vettel!

2. MNM101 (@mnm101) said on 9th June 2013, 20:45

Master Class From Seb

• toiago (@toiago) said on 9th June 2013, 20:49

Indeed. Great races from Vergne, Di Resta and Massa, too.

• ramy (@ramysennaf1) said on 9th June 2013, 20:55

actually there is no competition to call it a master class vettel simply has the best car and setup to win that’s obvious when alonso can catch hamilton, but not vettel

• ramy (@ramysennaf1) said on 9th June 2013, 20:55

• I wouldn’t call hitting the wall and spinning yourself out while under no immediate threat a ‘masterclass’. He drove ok in a car that couldn’t be challanged today.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 9th June 2013, 22:40

Ludicrous. He was pushing to the limit and destroyed the field, having taken pole in a situation where his car definitely could have been beaten, but in Vettel’s hands wasn’t. If SV was only “ok”, then the other 21 classify under “awful”

• Lachie (@lachie) said on 10th June 2013, 8:28

And that’s it precisely. What is interesting in watching one guy drive properly and 21 other guys muddle about year on year on year?

If Google entered a robotic car that got pole and drove off at 2 seconds per lap at the start people would switch off in droves yet somehow 4 years on people still find Vettel doing it interesting…

• Who said what Vettel did was boring? I said, hitting a wall and spinning off while under no immiediate threat is not a ‘masterclass’, not in my book. RB couldnt be touched on sunday, and Vettel was lucky he didnt bin it. Nevermind ‘masterclass’.

• David-A (@david-a) said on 10th June 2013, 17:52

@N

It was a masterclass as he destroyed the field pace-wise, and as much as you can whinge about him running wide at one point, he did NOT bin it. He merely pushed very hard (makes a change for 2013), and won. And if RBR were “untouchable”, they would have had an easy, unchallenable 1-2. Judging RBR to have been the fastest because Vettel won is fine, but judging them to be “untouchable” is not, when such a car finishes off the podium.

3. Robert (@rob8k) said on 9th June 2013, 20:49

Dull Dull Dull

This race didn’t feel like the Canadian GP. Some amazing drives, especially from Vettel and Di Resta. Overall though, this race just lacked any spark.

4. Aimal (@aimalkhan) said on 9th June 2013, 20:49

Vettle being booed by the crowed on the podium. haha

• Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 9th June 2013, 20:54

@aimalkhan I thought that was very disrespectful. I thought F1 fans were better than football fans than to boo someone for no justifiable reason…

• fangio85 (@fangio85) said on 9th June 2013, 20:58

Indeed very disrespectful, but f1 fans can be just as nasty as fans of any other sport when their favourites don’t win. Excellent race though imo.

• Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 9th June 2013, 21:06

That English is terrible by me! I thought I was under the impression (just to give it some variety) and I don’t really like the repetition of than either!

@fangio85 apparently so, it’s a shame. Agreed a very decent race nonetheless!

• Traverse (@) said on 9th June 2013, 23:30

Grade: -C You must try harder! :P

• Slr (@slr) said on 9th June 2013, 21:06

It’s not the first time it has happened; it won’t be the last either. To be honest I’ve booed sports-stars in the past myself, as I personally see as part of the drama.

• Max Jacobson (@vettel1) said on 9th June 2013, 21:12

@slr I only ever do it when something unjust happens against my team – I tend to utilise the boo much more in rugby as a consequence! Booing someone whilst they’re trying to speak after winning though isn’t a very just reason!

5. Eggry (@eggry) said on 9th June 2013, 20:51

Today is Vettel’s day. I hope this is not consistent trend.

6. Shreyas Mohanty (@) said on 9th June 2013, 20:53

Great race IMO. Vettel – I
    hate to say it, but he was
    great today! And the battles
    – ALO-WEB , ALO-HAM , MAS-
    RAI – really entertaining! A
    certain fellow said Alonso
    isn’t in form right now.
    Haha, Alonso was brilliant
    today! Though Vettel was
    better (damn)

7. JayP said on 9th June 2013, 20:56

Eh, I think I’m done with this ‘sport’ for the time being. I grew up with Formula 1 and walked away from watching a race today for the first time in about 15 years. I’ve had enough with the artificiality of DRS. The Alonso/Rosberg/Webber battle was enthralling whilst it lasted: three cars jostling for position on one of the only ‘true’ racing circuits remaining on the calendar, only to be robbed of its thrill with two boring and anticlimactic DRS passes (devices that are laughably temperamental), that were the complete antithesis of entertainment: they were predictable. It happened disconcertingly often, and yeah, I’m truly sick of it. I will tune back in once measures are taken to purify F1 again, but for now, it pains me to say that I can’t even endure a full race distance under the current circumstances–even at a track that I enjoy almost more than any other.

8. Traverse (@) said on 9th June 2013, 20:59

The Vet got pole in the wet, and achieved the win in the dry, is there anything beyond the reach of this guy? He blew the field away, showing the others how to dance with an F1 car, and in the process resigned Alonso to admiring the back of his RBR from afar. He made Hamilton sweat and Aussie Webber shout STRUTHE! For only one man can cross the chequered flag first and brandish the Holy Index Finger of Truth!…That’s what I’m talking about!!

9. Chema Carrasco (@chemakal) said on 9th June 2013, 21:00

Amazing Vettel’s pace with full tank. The mediums worked perfectly. Why didn’t Raikonnen start with mediums? Could have made it to the podium

10. ramy (@ramysennaf1) said on 9th June 2013, 21:00

actually vettel making a error in the chicane and still having
    the 14 seconds lead sums it up for another season :S:S

11. Chema Carrasco (@chemakal) said on 9th June 2013, 21:02

That was a looong version of the Austrian anthem

12. Antonio Nartea (@tony031r) said on 9th June 2013, 21:04

Di Resta might be complaining all the time for all the right or wrong reasons but he’s in a class of his own when it comes to race-recoveries this season. Hats off. Also great race from Vergne and absolutely gutted for Bottas. He deserved better than being swallowed by the whole field in that dog of a car.

Oh, and by the way, did McLaren’s huge points streak just end?

13. Shreyas Mohanty (@) said on 9th June 2013, 21:13

@hellotraverse Hah. I could punch you in the face right now. To rephrase : “Is there anything beyond the reach of this car?” A slightly above average driver being gifted a top class car, and that’s Seb Vettel.

14. Calum (@calum) said on 9th June 2013, 21:16

Pleased to see Lewis back on the podium this weekend. Feel a bit robbed of the fight back to Alonso when DRS was disabled late on, but 3rd is still nice and it was not a certainty that he would have been able to re-overtake the Ferrari.

There were plenty battles throughout the field which kept the race pretty entertaining, regardless of Sebastian’s strong performance and well deserved victory.

• rantingmrp (@rantingmrp) said on 10th June 2013, 4:12

+1. Surprising, too, to see just how vital Lewis was to McLaren. They are yet to find themselves….where’s Button’s famed ‘thoughtful input into the car’?

15. Johnny Que said on 9th June 2013, 21:35

TV coverage showed Alonso passed Gutierrez under caution on lap #39.
    Why wasn’t this penalized?