2014 F1 season
Drivers, teams and engines line-up so far
So far 19 of the 22 places on the F1 grid for 2014 have been taken. Here’s a summary of the confirmed changes:
- Mark Webber had left F1 and his place at Red Bull is taken by Daniel Ricciardo
- Ricciardo’s vacant place at Toro Rosso has gone to rookie Daniil Kvyat
- Another rookie, Kevin Magnussen, arrives at McLaren in place of Sergio Perez, who has moved to Force India
- Perez’s arrival at Force India has left Paul di Resta without a seat.
- This is because Adrian Sutil and Nico Hulkenberg have swapped places, the latter returning to Force India as the former moves to Sauber
- Another driver returning to a former team is Kimi Raikkonen – he is back at Ferrari who he left in 2009
- Raikkonen replaces Felipe Massa, who has moved to Williams
- Completing the circle, Pastor Maldonado moves from Williams to take Raikkonen’s place at Lotus
Drivers will also be able to choose their numbers this year. You can find details of who’s chosen what so far here.
Three teams also have new engine suppliers:
- Mercedes will supply an extra team next year in the shape of Williams
- Williams’ supply of Renault engines will now go to Toro Rosso
- Ferrari also have a new engine customer, Marussia, as Cosworth have departed
More details here:
Get the 2014 calendar on your mobile device
The 2014 F1 calendar includes 19 races and three pre-season tests. There will also be a further four tests during the season.
You can get all the essential dates for the 2014 F1 season on your mobile device using the F1 Fanatic Calendar. This will be updated with all the times for each race weekend session plus the in-season testing dates and car launch dates as they are announced.
Get the F1 Fanatic Calendar here:
Plan you 2014 race trip
Do you have a regular race you go to every year? Are you going to one of the new additions to the 2014 F1 calendar?
Find other fans who are heading to the same race via the discussion forums below.
- Going to the 2014 Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park
- Going to the 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit
- Going to the 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix at Bahrain International Circuit
- Going to the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai International Circuit
- Going to the 2014 Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya
- Going to the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix at Monte-Carlo
- Going to the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
- Going to the 2014 British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- Going to the 2014 German Grand Prix at the Hockenheimring
- Going to the 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungaroring
- Going to the 2014 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps
- Going to the 2014 Italian Grand Prix at Monza
- Going to the 2014 Singapore Grand Prix at Marina Bay
- Going to the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix at Suzuka
- Going to the 2014 Russian Grand Prix at Sochi
- Going to the 2014 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas
- Going to the 2014 Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos
- Going to the 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina
Find more information on going to race here:
Follow the 2014 drivers and teams
The F1 Fanatic Twitter Directory has been fully revised and updated for the new season. It lists hundreds of official accounts for F1 drivers, teams, team members, media figures and more.
Support the 2014 drivers and teams
Who are you supporting in 2014? Has a driver change led you to switch allegiance between teams? Are you backing one of the rookies?
Show who you’re supporting on F1 Fanatic. Here’s how:
- Log in
- Select Edit My Profile from the top-right menu
- Select F1 Teams and Drivers
- Make your selection then click Save Changes.
2014 F1 season
- Mercedes’ Bahrain battle “too dangerous” – Warwick
- Streiff’s comments on Bianchi crash investigation prompts legal action from FIA
- Is stewarding improving? Analysing 2014’s penalties
- The Complete F1 Fanatic 2014 season review
- No improvement in Bianchi’s condition
Browse all 2014 F1 season articles
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others