2014 Canadian Grand Prix TV Times

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Start, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, 2013F1 Fanatic Live will be running during the entire Canadian Grand Prix weekend plus the eighth round of the IndyCar season from Texas. Look out for the live page on the site during every session and follow all the action with your fellow F1 Fanatics.

Here are the details of Sky and the BBC’s coverage of the 2014 Canadian Grand Prix in the UK:

Friday 6 June 2014

Canadian Grand Prix qualifying live Sky Sports F1 17:00 18:00

Sunday 8 June 2014

Session Channel Coverage starts Session starts
Texas 600 live BT Sport 2 01:30 02:00
Canadian Grand Prix live BBC1 18:20 19:00
Canadian Grand Prix live Sky Sports F1 17:30 19:00

For details of coverage in your area see these links or share information in the comments:

If you’re unable to watch the race at your location, join the F1 in Pubs forum to find a place to watch the race:

Find times for every F1 session this year and all the 2014 race dates with the F1 Fanatic Google Calendar.

2014 Canadian Grand Prix

Browse all 2014 Canadian Grand Prix articles

Image © Daimler/Hoch Zwei

16 comments on 2014 Canadian Grand Prix TV Times

1. William Stuart (@williamstuart) said on 5th June 2014, 12:11

Can’t wait, but I wish the BBC would improve their presenters, i.e. get rid of Suzi Perry, she is absolutely awful, I liked Jake Humphrey, but I doubt they will manage to attract him from Sky. Maybe they should get Gary Anderson to be a main presenter, but I feel that people will complain as they can’t understand him. But they need more technical coverage, Ted Kravitz does a really good job for Sky.

• Dan said on 5th June 2014, 12:43

I agree. Perry is a waste of space and the Beeb desperately needs a technical bod. It’d be a massive improvement if they could lure Ant Davidson and Mark Hughes from Sky, the only ones I rate there. Kravitz is good but insufferably smug. And I never thought I’d say it but even Brundle gets on my nerves. He seems more interested in being a booster for F1 than venturing any criticism. Too many friends in the pit lane he doesn’t want to upset, I guess …

• Yes (@come-on-kubica) said on 5th June 2014, 19:40

Since joining sky, Brundle has become insufferable. He’s misses so much stuff in a race and also comes of as a know-it-all, and Croft isn’t much better. It’s 2 hours of overhyping, terrible anecdotes and missing key points of the race.

• Jack (@jmc200) said on 5th June 2014, 13:17

They got rid of Gary! It’s terrible, he was the only one who knew anything technical. Now like Sky, they don’t have anyone who knows anything. I really can’t stand Perry, she makes constant mistakes, they need Lee Mckenzie!

• frood19 (@frood19) said on 5th June 2014, 13:46

i don’t understand why they didn’t promote lee after jake the snake left. she already filled in for practice sessions and so forth, plus she’s actually good! suzi perry is just dreadful – it’s a shame because it really affects how much i enjoy the programme; even if the race is good, the coverage is just too cringeworthy and unprofessional.

• craig-o (@craig-o) said on 5th June 2014, 13:30

@williamstuart JH went to BT and not Sky. He left the F1 duties mainly for family reasons. I think Suzi Perry has done a pretty good job for the BBC, and I still prefer the BBC pre-race stuff to the Sky show. In terms of commentary, however, it’s tough to beat the team of Croft/Davidson/Brundle. Letting Anderson go was a big mistake for the BBC because they now don’t really have anybody with brilliant technical experience.

• Strontium (@strontium) said on 5th June 2014, 20:40

Get James Allen back on BBC 1!! I know many weren’t keen, but he was very enthusiastic and knowledgable!

• Daniel (@collettdumbletonhall) said on 7th June 2014, 15:12

Yeah, I never really got the dislike of James Allen if I am honest. I like Ben Edwards though so I see no reason to swap.
        I don’t really get the dislike of Suzi Perry either to be honest although Lee Mckenzie would have been a slightly better option in my view.

• Daniel (@collettdumbletonhall) said on 7th June 2014, 15:12

• Paul (@frankjaeger) said on 5th June 2014, 21:21

@frood19 @jmc200 @williamstuart Absolutely agree lads. Perry is a farce of a F1 presenter, McKenzie is a good shout for lead presenter. The BBC’s pre-race coverage has begun to go a little stale, conversely Sky has its faults too

I don’t relish ragging on Coulthard but he did a pitwalk a couple of races back that was so poorly executed I was a bit shocked.

2. TV times mean nothing to me. No broadcasters anyway.

3. To be fair James Allen is by far the most technical presenter available ,,he’s up to date and knows what he’s talking about without reading of a autocue
    Suzi great to look at but she’s a bike girl and always will be,David explains things well ,as for Brundell ,well enough said already I think,I just wish someone had the b#lls to say what they think,,ref Rosberg at Monaco,,, Really Niko !!!!,

4. Euro Brun (@eurobrun) said on 6th June 2014, 10:51

This will be the first race I don’t watch live this season as I’ll be at Oulton Park for the BTTC (unless I can find a pub showing it somewhere on the way home).
    All three races live on ITV4 on Sunday (coverage starts: 11.15, Race 1: 12:17, Race 2: 14:29, Race 3: 16:57).
    Qualifying on ITV5 (ITV website) on Saturday @ 15:20
    Its the first time since 1996 that they’ll be using the Oulton Park international circuit with the banked Shell Oils hairpin.
    Also two Super Touring races (John Cleland competing) which should be good fun.

5. William (@william) said on 7th June 2014, 8:29

In Australia, Ten/One will show live Qualifying from 2.30am tomorrow with One doing the race everywhere else except WA which will have it live and free on Ten

6. xjr15jaaag (@xjr15jaaag) said on 8th June 2014, 15:19

I think the perfect BBC team would be:
    Allan McNish as the main anchor
    Ben Edwards and DC as the commentators (Ben Edwards is brilliant; I will not hear a word against him)
    Mike Gascoyne as the person in the pit-lane spotting the technical updates etc, and also the role of Eddie Jordan (whatever that is)
    Lee McKenzie as the main interviewer

7. thog said on 9th June 2014, 11:59

disgusted that the bbc coverage ended just as the jean alesi interviews of the podium finishers was going on, why bid to show live races then end before the champagne has even dried on their hair, the race was not overly long or delayed?? just one safety car of 7 laps that’s all!?