‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber

The picture, taken today, which Red Bull issued along with its latest statement

The picture, taken today, which Red Bull issued along with its latest statement

Red Bull have issued another statement which the team hopes will ‘draw a line’ under the fall-out from their drivers’ collision on lap 40 of the Turkish Grand Prix.

Mark Webber Said the pair will not allow a repeat of the collision:

It?s a shame for the team, as we lost a good opportunity to win the race. It?s sport and these things can happen, but it shouldn?t have done. I feel for everyone at Red Bull, at the factory and everyone involved. Seb and I will make sure it doesn?t happen again and will continue to work openly together, no problem. We have talked enough on it now, it?s done, we?re looking ahead and I?m focused on the race in Canada next week.
Mark Webber

Vettel added he was “sorry” about the collision:

The team had got us into a great position and it wasn?t good for them what happened ?ǣ so I?m sorry for them that we lost the lead of the race. Mark and I are racers and we were racing. We are professionals and it won?t change how we will work together going forward. We have a great team and the spirit is very strong. I?m looking forward to Canada.
Sebastian Vettel

The team may be keen to move on but they can expect plenty of questions about the state of the relationship between their two drivers and what exactly happened in the run-up to the controversial collision when they next face the media at the Canadian Grand Prix weekend.

The Red Bull crash

Image (C) Red Bull/Getty images

99 comments on ‘It won’t happen again’ – Webber

1. Webber: My subway was this big

Vettel: Well my subway was THIS big.

• claudioff said on 4th June 2010, 15:08

Sorry, that would be impossible. Have anyone noticed how incredibly slim they are? Maybe the dialog was like this:
      Seb: I am this hungry.
      Mark: Mine is bigger.

2. “Who’s on first?”

3. Kathryn said on 3rd June 2010, 14:16

“It’s a team sport? Who knew!”

4. Jose said on 3rd June 2010, 14:17

Vettel: The Baseball bat they just took from me was this big
    Webber: Mine was a bit smaller, but I am bigger

5. disjunto said on 3rd June 2010, 14:19

it’s amazing how Vettel can say sorry, and still take none of the blame.

• BasCB said on 3rd June 2010, 14:57

Especially as he does not even apologize to Mark Webber.

Maybe the picture was taken when they were asked to show in which hand the knife is hidden.

Red Bulls**t is all what it is up to. But Hey, Webber has bagged a new contract (did the prize go up or down after last weekend?) so lets play good friends, no worries.

Interesting they wont bring the B-duct wing in Montreal, i suppose Newey will need some time to develop it in the weeks until Valencia. Or maybe they figuered bringing updated suspension parts for Montreal.

6. Will we make the podium in Canada?

7. So we’re agreed then – it was Lewis’s fault

8. The competition still runs hot as they both return empty handed from the team fishing trip!

9. Rendi F. W said on 3rd June 2010, 14:22

“crash ? rivals ? that’s a past, mate!”

10. Rendi F. W said on 3rd June 2010, 14:23

or… “what about… one-two again in the Mont ?”

11. SoLiD said on 3rd June 2010, 14:24

Looks sincere to me. No fake stuff imo. They both know they could have been a bit less aggressive since they are teammates. They will come back fighting!
    Altough Mclaren ftw at Canada!

12. Sebastian and Mark discuss how much room is required to perform a clean overtake.

13. perrocontodo said on 3rd June 2010, 14:27

“I wash my hands on the whole thing. See?”

“Yeah, me too.”

14. Bullfrog said on 3rd June 2010, 14:29

Vettel’s clearly moving his left hand across Webber while he’s alongside him.

• disjunto said on 3rd June 2010, 15:12

yep, definitely cut into his hand space. went to the left this time instead though…

15. Webber: It’s still your fault.
    Vettel: TROLOLOLOLOLOLOL!