With the first action of 2011 just three days away it’s time to make our predictions for what the year ahead has in store.
Will McLaren bounce back from their problems? What will the Horse Whisperer find to grumble about?
And who will celebrating come the final round in Brazil? Make your 2011 predictions here.
20 questions on the 2011 F1 season
1. What will be the best surprise?
2. What will be the worst surprise?
3. Which driver will be replaced first?
4. Who will he be replaced by?
5. What will be the biggest political story?
6. How many races will McLaren win?
7. Will Mark Webber extend his Red Bull contract before the end of the season?
8. What will the Horse Whisperer?óÔéĽÔäós first complaint be about?
9. What will Michael Schumacher’s best result be?
10. Who will crash out of the most races?
11. Which team will have the worst reliability?
12. Which rookie driver will score the most points?
13. Which will be the most entertaining race?
14. Who will set the most pole positions?
15. Who will win the Monaco Grand Prix?
16. Who will be the first retirement at Melbourne?
17. At which race will the drivers?óÔéĽÔäó title be won?
18. How many points will the winning driver score?
19. Who will win the 2011 constructors championship?
- Red Bull (60%)
- McLaren (12%)
- Ferrari (21%)
- Mercedes (4%)
- Renault (1%)
- Williams (0%)
- Force India (0%)
- Sauber (0%)
- Toro Rosso (0%)
- Lotus (0%)
- HRT (0%)
- Virgin (0%)
Total Voters: 449
20. Who will win the 2011 drivers championship?
- Sebastian Vettel (27%)
- Mark Webber (11%)
- Lewis Hamilton (13%)
- Jenson Button (2%)
- Fernando Alonso (37%)
- Felipe Massa (2%)
- Michael Schumacher (5%)
- Nico Rosberg (1%)
- Nick Heidfeld (1%)
- Vitaly Petrov (0%)
- Rubens Barrichello (0%)
- Pastor Maldonado (0%)
- Adrian Sutil (0%)
- Paul di Resta (0%)
- Kamui Kobayashi (0%)
- Sergio Perez (0%)
- Sebastien Buemi (0%)
- Jaime Alguersuari (0%)
- Heikki Kovalainen (0%)
- Jarno Trulli (0%)
- Narain Karthikeyan (0%)
- Sakon Yamamoto (0%)
- Timo Glock (0%)
- Jerome d'Ambrosio (0%)
Total Voters: 449
Here are my answers to the 20 questions – cast your votes above and share your answers in the comments:
1. At least one of the second-year teams scoring a point
2. At least one of the second-year teams dropping out before the end of the season
3. Vitantonio Liuzzi
4. Sakon Yamamoto
5. The row over the Concorde Agreement
8. Three-car teams
10. Narain Karthikeyan
12. Sergio Perez
13. The Brazilian Grand Prix
14. Sebastian Vettel
15. Fernando Alonso
16. Jerome d’Ambrosio
17. The Brazilian Grand Prix
20. Fernando Alonso
Join in the 2011 F1 Fanatic Predictions Championship
There’s F1 races tickets DVDs and more to be won. Play for free by guessing the top five in each race:
2011 F1 season preview
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2011 season preview
- The 2011 F1 season in 20 questions
- The 2011 F1 rules changes at-a-glance
- Which F1 races are you going to in 2011?
- DRS: Separating the good from the bad
- How new tyres will change F1 in 2011
- Waiting to win: When each F1 driver last won a race
- Rookies bring three countries back to F1
- Glock doubts Virgin will reach midfield in 2011
- Hard to see much progress for HRT in 2011
Browse all 2011 F1 season preview articles