2011 Malaysian GP second practice
Mark Webber stayed on top of the times sheets in the second practice session for the Malaysian Grand Prix.
But he did not enjoy the same emphatic margin he had in the first session. Jenson Button in second was just five thousandths of a second slower.
Lewis Hamilton backed up his team mate with the third-fastest time ahead of Sebastian Vettel.
Pastor Maldonado set the fastest time early on but he lost time after spinning in the pit lane entry and hitting a barrier. But the damage to his Williams was light and he was able to rejoin later on.
Vitantonio Liuzzi hit trouble in the HRT early on, coming to a halt at turn nine after bouncing over a kerb a few corners earlier. He was also able to return to the track.
The Renault drivers missed the early part of the session as the team worked on repairing the failures they suffered in first practice.
But Jerome d’Ambrosio’s Virgin never made it out following his front-right failure.
2011 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Hamilton says Sepang driving “didn’t put anyone in danger”
- Domenicali praises Massa’s “return to form” in Malaysia
- 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Who was the best driver of the Malaysian Grand Prix weekend?
- Red Bull stay ahead but KERS is still a weakness
- Ferrari on form in race after poor qualifying
- Hamilton called for his extra tyre stop at McLaren
- Renault recover from Friday drama for podium
- Schumacher scores for struggling Mercedes
- Two more retirements “not acceptable” at Williams
Browse all 2011 Malaysian Grand Prix articles
Image ?é?® Red Bull/Getty images
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others