2011 Korean GP second practice
Lewis Hamilton was the quickest driver in a damp second practice session in Korea.
He led a McLaren one-two with team mate Jenson Button ahead of Sebastian Vettel.
In marked contrast to the first session of the day, the second hour-and-a-half of practice began with a flurry of cars out on the track setting times.
With the track considerably drier than it was during the morning session, the drivers were quickly setting considerably faster laps.
The McLaren drivers quickly took up the top two places on the times and remained there. Button was fastest to begin with before Hamilton took over at the top.
For much of the session the pair were a clear two seconds faster than anyone else.
As the track conditions improved Jaime Alguersuari took to the track on slick tyres. But has he left the pit lane he was hit by Nico Rosberg, who ran wide at turn one onto the racing line.
Rosberg pulled over with his front wing folded under his front wheel, while Alguersuari drove back to the pits, fuming at the inadequacies of the circuit’s pit lane exit.
As the track continued to dry, drivers were faced with the choice of worn intermediate tyres or gambling on slicks. Both presented problems. Several drivers spun at turn four on worn tyres, including Bruno Senna and both Ferraris.
The other Toro Rosso of Buemi took on a set of super softs and had a spin. Button also tried them out but couldn’t generate any heat in them on the slippery surface.
As the session ended, no-one had been able to improve on their time on intermediate tyres, leaving the McLarens on top.
2011 Korean Grand Prix
- Hamilton wins close vote for Korean GP Driver of the Weekend
- Unhappy Hamilton and muted crowd in fans’ Korean GP videos
- 2011 Korean Grand Prix: complete race weekend review
- Vote for the Korean GP driver of the weekend
- Red Bull: Team clinch title despite missed one-two
- McLaren: The old Hamilton reappears
- Ferrari: Alonso “gives up” on pursuit of Button
- Mercedes: Unlucky weekend for Schumacher
- Renault: No points for third time in six races
- Toro Rosso: Alguersuari shines in team’s best result for 50 races
Image ?é?® Korean GP/Sutton
Promoted content from around the web | Become an F1 Fanatic Supporter to hide this ad and others