2012 Italian Grand Prix grid

22. Pastor Maldonado** 1’24.82
Williams
Row 12 23. Pedro de la Rosa 1’27.629
HRT
24. Nico Hulkenberg*** No time
Force India

*Five-place penalty due to gearbox change
**Two five-place penalties due to infringements during the Belgian Grand Prix
***Failed to beat 107% time, granted dispensation from the stewards to start

2012 Italian Grand Prix

Browse all 2012 Italian Grand Prix articles

66 comments on 2012 Italian Grand Prix grid

1. verstappen (@verstappen) said on 8th September 2012, 15:17

Poor Kartikeyan, outqualifying his teammate, only to find Maldonado behind!

2. Manter MBS (@sridharbhanu) said on 8th September 2012, 16:44

As a dedicated FI fan, I am saddened by the bad luck. Anyway, Paul has a good chance to end up in top 6, if the race is planned well.

3. ducatiusa (@ducatiusa) said on 8th September 2012, 16:55

Ferrari had technical problem, let’s not start the theory of Massa doing it on purpose. Alonso could have had the pole but I’m sure he will have a nice race maybe even a podium. I hope Massa would take some points away to HAMILTON. iNTERESTING GP coming up

4. Karthikeyan (@ridiculous) said on 8th September 2012, 17:35

Everyone keeps going one and one about Alonso’s bad luck, but the way I see it it would have been an issue only if it had happened tomorrow in the race

5. There are going to be a lot of hot points in tomorrow’s race, based on what happened on track in the last couple of days.

Ferrari trying to keep, respectively get McLaren in sight with Red Bull and Lotus closely following; Force India taking on Mercedes; Sauber trying to conserve tyres and make a one stopper work. Plus, I expect the whole heap of mechanical issues and mistakes we’ve seen on track in practice and quali to take their toll as well.

I must say I’m also a bit dissapointed with D’Ambrosio’s performance. I mean, I expected him to be quite far behind Raikkonen, but not that far. Struggling and barely getting into Q2 is a bit of an underperformance in that car, to be honest.

6. Ambik (@ambikm) said on 8th September 2012, 17:43

I genuinely feel bad for both the Force India’s. I mean they are amazingly fast. Without Nico being down with that issue,it would definitely be tough for Vettle to go into the Q3. He was on the margin. I hope atleast the Force India can manage some good position with the strategy and the race pace(specially with Nico).

7. William Brierty said on 8th September 2012, 19:12

Personally I think Lewis has diddily-squat chances of winning tomorrow because…
    1. He’s not in the zone mentally
    2. He has a in form teamate next to him, with slightly better race pace
    3. He has the pressure of knowing that he cocked it up the last time he was on pole at Monza
    4. He’s under immense pressure, a driver under pressure is more likely to mess up the start or make a mistake at another point during the race
    …so, I think Button already has one hand on the winner’s trophy.