Pictures: Honda revises ‘Earth car’ livery for 2008 season

Honda RA108 launch | HondaRacingF1.comHonda have revealed they are sticking with their innovative ‘Earth Car’ livery for a second year in 2008.

The RA108 features the familiar green and blue globe printed on last year’s car, but merged with Honda’s traditional colours of white and red.

More pictures and high resolution versions below.

Honda RA108 launch 2 | HondaRacingF1.com Honda RA108 launch 3 | HondaRacingF1.com

Honda RA108 launch 1 (high resolution) | HondaRacingF1.com
Honda RA108 launch 2 (high resolution) | HondaRacingF1.com
Honda RA108 launch 3 (high resolution) | HondaRacingF1.com

Photo copyright: HondaRacingF1.com

More on the 2008 F1 season

33 comments on Pictures: Honda revises ‘Earth car’ livery for 2008 season

1 2 3
  1. Robert Mckay said on 29th January 2008, 12:40

Looks better than the old one, livery-wise.

2. David M said on 29th January 2008, 13:01

Ugly ugly ugly, I prefer last year’s livery!

But I’m more concerned that Honda are following a different design path than the other teams yet again (the shape of their nose looks about 5 years old) – I’m worried they’ll struggle again :(

3. Heh, still can’t get any sponsors.

4. Scott Joslin said on 29th January 2008, 14:18

From the side it looks like a BMW

5. Im sure they can get sponsors. This is just a great PR campaign because every blogger that is in any way concerned about the enviorment will probably write about Honda F1. id say thats great exposure for the Honda name.

Now lets hope that the car will usually finish at least in the top 10 heh

6. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 29th January 2008, 15:08

Perhaps – here’s some of the bloggers reactions from last year. They’re not all positive!

7. Just as bad as last years.

8. Eric M. said on 29th January 2008, 15:39

I agree with Scott. From the side it looks just like the BMW, with the blue sidepods and white body! Still, it is much much better than what they had in 2007.

9. Eric M. said on 29th January 2008, 15:42

Ha. I just noticed the “earth dreams” decals. Maybe those should just say “Honda”. “Earth dream”, “my earth dream”, or whatever, is just too cheesy.

10. I think it’s better than last year – the Earth stuff is a lot smaller, perhaps next year it will be gone completely!

A nice design totally in white and red would be the bees knees.

11. White, green, red and aqua blue, that well known colour combination. I think it looks a bit weird – it doesn’t quite work.

12. Nico Savidge said on 29th January 2008, 17:20

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. honestly, Honda, that’s just gross

13. Rohan said on 29th January 2008, 17:51

I keep expecting the worst from Honda, at yet somehow they manage to “surpass” it by going even lower.

14. Yep, definately worse than last years livery….actually it looks like whoever’s responsible for it had a really bad night before the deadline then decided to quickly get something out with a quick mock up in Illustrator.

The red blue and white reminds me of British Airways.

As a side note, I just checked one of the spam email accounts I have – apparently I was one of the many thousands who had pledged to Honda’s Earth Dream last season and got the name on the car.

15. Keith Collantine (@keithcollantine) said on 29th January 2008, 19:25

I’d also argue that advertising reduces the duration of viewership of F1.

An average viewer sits down to watch a race, it starts, it settles down, not much happens in the first few laps, the adverts come on so he flips to another channel…

How many viewers does F1 lose that way?

1 2 3