2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)

willferrmcla_470150

It’s beauty contest time. The 2009 F1 cars are a strange looking bunch but there’s no mistaking some are better looking than others.

Which is the fairest of them all? Vote and check out pictures of each of the cars below.

[poll id="48"]

Toyota TF109

Toyota TF109 pictures

Williams FW31

Williams FW31 livery - official pictures

Williams FW31 livery - official pictures

Williams FW31 pictures

Title picture via the F1 Fanatic drop.io courtesy of IDR. Other images (C) BMW ag, Brawn GP, Ferrari spa, Force India F1 Team, McLaren .com, Getty images, Renault / LAT, Getty images, Toyota F1 World and Williams / LAT

74 comments on 2009 F1 cars: which looks best? (Poll)

1. Fer no.65 said on 9th March 2009, 14:36

HOW’S THE MCLAREN WINNING???

IT HORRID!

2. Jay said on 9th March 2009, 15:17

Despite my Ferrari bias, it’s hands down Red Bull – that skinny nose just does it for me. Now let’s hope nobody convinces Adrian Newey to ditch the new horrible shark fin . . .

3. Jay said on 9th March 2009, 15:19

Oops! And by “nobody” I mean “somebody.” That fin is terrible.

4. XCesc said on 9th March 2009, 15:49

The Renault it´s by now the worst but I think that coult depent on the results…if the car wins some races will look much beautifull, last year the R28 at the beginning looks to me like a roller stone but at the end looks like a really beautiful race car.

5. Gman said on 9th March 2009, 17:39

The Renault got 39 votes? Did that many people makes mistakes and click on the wrong option? :)

6. KingHamilton said on 9th March 2009, 17:53

I voted for the Mclaren. although the Williams is a nice peice of ‘kit’ aswell.

7. Oliver said on 9th March 2009, 18:11

Oh I forgot to vote, but of course I can vote different from my narrative.

8. Toby said on 9th March 2009, 21:22

The Williams was shaping up to be a beautiful car, until they put the race livery on it. It doesn’t look as good as last year, and I’m not keen on the lighter blue.

The worry for me at this point, both aesthetically and as a supporter, is that it appears to have a totally different nose from the FW31 launch/shakedown, and I’ve noticed their times aren’t too hot since this has been applied.

I’m hoping for the sandbags to be dropped in Melbourne, much as the many, many McLaren supporters must be.

9. Toby said on 9th March 2009, 21:22

Voted for the RB5. It just looks good.

10. F1Yankee said on 9th March 2009, 23:16

tonight’s finalists:
    ferrari, williams and brawnda.

not making it past the first round:
    toro rojo and renault

my opinion is based only on the liveries. apart from a few distinctive features, i’d have to see the cars in person to perceive most differences.

11. Clive has sold me on the BMW. The RBR would be the runner up.

12. The RBR (and the TR by extension) has to be the ugly duckling of this years crop. Only due to the “kink” in the nose above the front wheels. Looks like the CAD engineer fell asleep at the mouse when creating those bumps. I’m sure it serves a vital aero function but it looks almost as bad Renaults ponderous nose.

13. radu said on 10th March 2009, 7:06

of course…ferrari is best looking

14. Stealthman said on 10th March 2009, 9:34

The good:
    The Ferrari has great curves and a beautiful red colour. The Brawn looks very nice, and the Williams is mouth-wateringly beautiful. The Red Bull and Torro Rosso are lithe, lean and muscular. It’s gonna be hard to choose. :)

And now, the bad:
    The Mclaren, I think, looks too lardy and blunt. The livery and Aero bits are nice, though. The Force India looks like a bland ’90s ripoff. The BMW looks like its designers were playing with Lego when they drew it up, and the Renault – need I say more? ;)

After much debate with myself, I think I’ll have to choose the Brawn. I just scroll up to the picture and look at it. Even if it doesn’t win any races, it’s still perhaps the best looking car in the field. :D

15. Jay Menon said on 10th March 2009, 9:43

Its a close tie between the STR and RB5 for first and second

The Williams did look class in its interim livery, now it looks boring.

I’d give Ferrari and Brawn a tie at 3rd