Renault R30 launched (Pictures)

Renault has gone retro with its 2010 F1 livery

Renault has gone retro with its 2010 F1 livery

The Renault R30 has been unveiled by the team at Valencia. See the first pictures of the new car below.

Renault R30 launch

As was widely expected, the new livery marks a return to classic Renault yellow and black colours. The team used a similar scheme for its first F1 team from 1977 to 1985.

Since its return to F1 as a full constructor in 2002 Renault’s colour scheme has been largely dictated by sponsors.

Renault has lost 2009 title sponsors ING, who intended to pull out before 2010 but hastened their departure after the Singapore crash scandal. Mutua Madrilena also left the team at the same time.

Renault has also announced Vitaly Petrov will race for the team alongside Robert Kubica and revealed its two reserve drivers for 2010. More here:

Renault R30 launch pictures

Pictures of the R30 at its launch plus some studio images of the new car:

Renault R30 studio video

2010 F1 car launches

Image (C) Renault/LAT

152 comments on Renault R30 launched (Pictures)

1 2 3 6
  1. Lenny said on 31st January 2010, 15:40

Sweeeeet!

2. Shows just how ridiculous the green rim on the tyres is.

3. Is that it??? It hardly looks any different from the R29.

4. I like. :D

5. Ned Flanders said on 31st January 2010, 15:41

Yellow has returned to Formula 1… Hallelujah!

• Ratboy said on 31st January 2010, 15:46

the teams are slowly going back to there original colour schemes now, Mercedes with there silver, Renault are yellow/black again
      and Ferrari are red (obviously)

• What can I say about this livery other than…

PERFECT.

• Nearly perfect, but I guess it’s not Total’s fault that whenever they were founded, they didn’t sync their corperate colours with those of Renault’s.

• I must be the only one that seems to love the Red. I think it makes it look even better.

It looks a bit like a bee. How long will it take before we here Legard say something like…

“The Renault certainly looks like a bee, but will it be able sting the opposition?”

6. R.E.M. said on 31st January 2010, 15:41

Why Red on the wings? Looks so out of place on Yellow and Black!

Oh, and Petrov confirmed.

• Blame Total. It’s their colours. It would have looked much better with black sides instead of the red.

However, that said I really like the new livery. Much better than last year’s McDonalds F1.

7. CounterStrike said on 31st January 2010, 15:41

At last a relief! But looks like R29 painted in the retro livery. Waiting for close-ups of the nose :P

8. Renaults front wing is very basic, AGAIN. Do they not understand development?

9. Hairs said on 31st January 2010, 15:42

The blank sides of this renault should answer any questions anyone has about why Petrov is in the motorhome. Big comedown for a double world championship winning squad to have no sponsors. Maybe Nick Fry’s no so useless after all.*

* I kid. Nick Fry’s utterly useless.

10. The tail fin seem to be a norm now :(

11. According to Jon Noble’s Twitter, Petrov pulled the covers off the car with Kubica, so it looks like that deal is finalised.

12. Shagrathian said on 31st January 2010, 15:43

Yay, finally! What about Lotus then? They’ll have a black livery, right? Like Virgin Gp…

13. Jezson said on 31st January 2010, 15:45

Am I the only one who thinks that looks disgusting?

• R.E.M. said on 31st January 2010, 15:46

As I said, I think the red looks out of place on an otherwise awesome livery.

• Jezson said on 31st January 2010, 15:50

Yeah, I did some yellow and black designs a while ago and tried some red on them, but thought they looked wrong.

Its the engine cover thats letting it down for me. Its horrible.

• i’m right with you jeznon.

• vettelfan said on 31st January 2010, 15:48

I think it looks horrible too, so no you are not the only one. lol

• Rob A said on 31st January 2010, 15:50

Yeah, I’m with you. Traditional it may be but it doesn’t seem to work for me. Possibly because the car itself is (IMHO) ugly.

I think a better looking car (e.g. the Ferrari F10) would make the livery look better

• Rob A said on 31st January 2010, 15:57

However – it’s still MUCH better than the vomit inducing colourschemes at Renault for the last couple of years.

• Jezson said on 31st January 2010, 16:01

I’m not sure about that lol… ok, last years was pretty bad, but I quite liked the 07 and 08 liveries.

… still can’t get over that engine cover. Yes… yes, I’ve just been sick in my mouth.

• Toddjamin said on 1st February 2010, 10:55

NOPE. me too, its rough!

14. I find it very nice to see the color yellow back on the grid.

15. That looks stunning! I love the livery. The car however…looks a bit basic. Can’t imagine it being that quick.

Looks like they’re waiting for a title sponsor, there’s a nice big empty space.

1 2 3 6