2012 F1 testing
Lotus declared themselves happy with the modifications made to their front suspension after setting the pace as testing resumed at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Romain Grosjean set the quickest time using soft tyres in the final half-hour of the session.
Second-fastest was Jenson Button, who did his best time in the McLaren in the morning running.
Mark Webber spent much of the day doing longer runs before setting a personal best of 1’23.380 on mediums later on in the day.
The session was stopped twice, once when Sergio Perez ran out of fuel in his Sauber, and again when Vitaly Petrov came to a stop in the Caterham. Petrov had taken over from team mate Heikki Kovalainen who is suffering from food poisoning, but is expected to be able to drive later on in the test.
Nico Rosberg was the busiest runner of the day, completing 128 laps.
There was little to choose between the drivers, with the top eight covered by little more than a second.
|1||Romain Grosjean||Lotus-Renault E20||1’23.252||73|
|2||Jenson Button||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-27||1’23.510||64||0.258|
|3||Sergio Perez||Sauber-Ferrari C31||1’23.820||118||0.568|
|4||Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault RB8||1’23.830||102||0.578|
|5||Nico Rosberg||Mercedes W03||1’23.992||128||0.740|
|6||Jean-Eric Vergne||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR7||1’24.216||113||0.964|
|7||Paul di Resta||Force India-Mercedes VJM05||1’24.305||98||1.053|
|8||Felipe Massa||Ferrari F2012||1’24.318||105||1.066|
|9||Vitaly Petrov||Caterham-Renault CT01||1’24.876||123||1.624|
|10||Pastor Maldonado||Williams-Renault FW34||1’25.587||58||2.335|
2012 F1 season
- 2012 F1 season Blu-Ray “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- 2012 F1 season DVD “Victorious Vettel” reviewed
- New team radio reveals Vettel’s penalty protests
- The complete F1 Fanatic 2012 season review
- What F1 Fanatics thought of 2012: The year in polls
- The drivers and cars of 2012
- F1 Fanatic’s 50 article highlights of 2012
- 11 different Driver of the Weekend winners in 2012
- Who F1 Fanatic readers supported in 2012
- Fernando Alonso voted F1 Fanatic Driver of the Year
Browse all 2012 F1 season articles
Image ?é?® Lotus F1 Team/LAT