Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend

Brazilian Grand Prix

Start, Interlagos, 2010

Start, Interlagos, 2010

Which driver did the best job during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend?

See below for my pick of the best drivers in the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Review each driver’s race weekend in detail below and vote for who you thought was the most impressive driver.

For your consideration

Here are some of the drivers who impressed me during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend:

Sebastian Vettel – Once again the man to beat, and no-one got near him.

Nico H???lkenberg – Astonishing performance on Saturday to take pole by a huge margin in tricky conditions. His driving in a high-pressure situation on Sunday was impressively mature – he defended his position from the championship contenders firmly but fairly.

Fernando Alonso – Carrier on doing exactly what he needs to win the championship. Stayed out of trouble in the opening stages, piled pressure on Hamilton and found a way past H???lkenberg.

Kamui Kobayashi – Up to his usual antics, not quite as dramatically as usual, but climbed his way to tenth for a point.

Michael Schumacher – Great pass on Button at the start. Ultimately compromised by strategy and Adrian Sutil.

Compare all the drivers

You can review what happened to each driver over the race weekend and compare their performances with their team mates using the links below:

McLaren: Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher
Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa
Williams: Rubens Barrichello and Nico H???lkenberg
Renault: Robert Kubica and Vitaly Petrov
Force India: Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi
Toro Rosso: Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari
Lotus: Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen
HRT: Christian Klien and Bruno Senna
Sauber: Kamui Kobayashi and Nick Heidfeld
Virgin: Timo Glock and Lucas di Grassi

Vote for your driver of the weekend

Which driver impressed you the most in the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend? Cast your vote below and have your say in the comments.

Who was the best driver of the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend?

• Jenson Button (8%)
  • Lewis Hamilton (2%)
  • Michael Schumacher (4%)
  • Nico Rosberg (2%)
  • Sebastian Vettel (29%)
  • Mark Webber (3%)
  • Felipe Massa (1%)
  • Fernando Alonso (26%)
  • Rubens Barrichello (0%)
  • Nico H???lkenberg (21%)
  • Robert Kubica (1%)
  • Kamui Kobayashi (2%)
  • Timo Glock (0%)
  • Lucas di Grassi (1%)

Total Voters: 1,778

Loading ... Loading ...

Korean Grand Prix result

Fernando Alonso was voted the best driver of the Korean Grand Prix weekend. Here’s the top three as voted for by you:

1. Fernando Alonso (41%)
2. Sebastian Vettel (21%)
3. Michael Schumacher (12%)

2010 Brazilian Grand Prix

Browse all 2010 Brazilian Grand Prix articles

Image ?? Red Bull/Getty images

71 comments on Vote for the best driver of the Brazilian GP weekend

1. Vettel although I’m aware Mark apparently had an engine issue in the race but he never seemed like challenging Seb anyhow.

The problem I seem to be having every weekend though when it comes to this pole is that Alonso hasn’t put a foot wrong in ages either. They’re both doing the maximum at the moment so it’s hard to choose between them.

I’m going to give JB an honourable mention for driver of the race and not weekend though. He really was magnificent yesterday especially after what had happened to him after quali. He was quick and got the strategy right and finished just behind Lewis although I got a tad confused during the race and thought they swapped helmets as JB was storming and for once it was Hamilton complaining of lack of grip, I jest! :P

• Icthyes (@icthyes) said on 8th November 2010, 19:35

He was closing right before the Safety Car came out despite having a worse time in traffic.

• BasCB said on 8th November 2010, 20:10

who knows how hot is engine was going? It might just have been them telling Mark it was hot to make sure he does not get close enough to fight Vettel for the win.

• BasCB said on 8th November 2010, 20:09

So JB for racer of the weekend and the Hulk for qualifier of the weekend then Steph?

And maybe the brazillian drivers spearheaded by Massa and Barricello for poor luck guys?

• Yep. if there were seperate poles for driver of quali and then driver of the race they’d get them but they didn’t string the weekend together so I just couldn’t vote for them.

I know Massa had a bad time but I’m quite happy as he fought his way back and put a good move on Liuzzi so ok there was bad luck but he has won there twice already so I feel more sorry for Rubens :P

2. bigjimmy said on 8th November 2010, 18:54

good weekend but redbull come out on top

3. This time Vettel – whater conditions – dry, wet, or drying he was the best of the top pack.
    Also perfect start for the race and then he just controlled everything. Webber could not reach him. Even if Vettel makes too much mistakes when he has to catch others, when he leads he is unbeatable in his car (as of yet).

• monsol said on 8th November 2010, 19:32

when he leads he is unbeatable in his car

Except when the engine blows up, I’d say

• Ben Curly said on 8th November 2010, 21:24

I think that Seb and Mark were very, very close, but I gave my vote to Vettel. Not by a huge margin, but he was definitely the best this weekend. He is really superb when he doesn’t have to overtake ;)

4. daykind said on 8th November 2010, 19:21

For me it came down to HUL, ALO, VET and MSC.

However, I vote for Schumacher for the 2nd consecutive race.

Am I the only one who thinks that Schumacher is going to win the title in 2011?

5. Maciek said on 8th November 2010, 19:35

Button’s moving up the field wasn’t matched by anyone I think, but between the two RedBulls I thought Webber was doing great and catching up Vettel until he was told his engine was overheating…. until the before last lap when he was told he could push once there was no chance he could catch him anymore. I’m not much of a conspiracy theorist, but that’s one more question mark (maybe that should be: “question, Mark”… never mind).

6. Actually only 2 drivers i can mention…

Hulkenberg- brilliant Q lap. I still dont know how he found 1 (!!!!!) second. Its imprssive. However race was disaster and he wasnt the best for sure, loosing 5 places in pitstops

Winner (Vettel)- 2nd in Q, best in practises, best in race, no one overtook him, no problems in pits, all worked perfect. 10/10 to Vettel. Others werent better than Vettel anyway…

• Megawatt Herring said on 8th November 2010, 20:03

What makes that 1 second even more impressive is that It is a very short lap meaning being that far in front is very impressive, I gave my vote to Hulk which for me was the best part of the weekend.

7. Vettel not only driver of the day but also driver of the year even if he don’t win the Championship.
    if he did not win he will remind me with Felipe Massa 2008.

8. Ben Curly said on 8th November 2010, 21:06

I don’t really like the guy, and I don’t like to admit it, but I think Vettel was the best for the whole weekend – except for the brief moment in Q3, but this isn’t enough for Hulk to get my vote.

Sebastian was the best in Brazil, period, but I hope that Mark will be genuinely better in Abu Dhabi.

9. Daniel said on 8th November 2010, 21:24

I actually voted for Button. He could have challenged Hamilton at the end of the race but chose not to. That he ended up where he did after being passed by Schumacher early was impressive.

Hamilton has been a fair bit quicker than him for quite a few races in a row now. I feel as though a lesser person would have been demoralised as a result. Especially after qualifying. My vote for Button, is on the basis that he’s been strong mentally, and as a result was quicker than his team mate at the end of the race.

I don’t often vote for Button.

• But Button admit it was team decision to bring him early to pit in order to pass Hulknebrg’s train. With the same logic Rosberg was even better, gained more positions.
      So Button was really good (but not great) in the race and quite poor in qualifying.

10. chris sz said on 8th November 2010, 23:01

where can i rate the race???

11. Vettel was dominant all weekend and, objectively, has to be the driver of the weekend.

Several other drivers deserve mentions for outstanding performances though: Hulkenburg for his debut pole, admittedly not on raw pace but nevertheless showing remarkable composure in qualifying and holding his position firmly and fairly in the first stages of the race; Button for yet another inspired strategy call; and Liuzzi for managing to make a baws-up of it yet again.

12. wasiF1 (@wasif1) said on 9th November 2010, 1:34

Tough job really this weekend but I think Nico Hülkenberg should be a favourite as he really showed that given a good car that day he could have defended well as he did gave some people some trouble & yeah he was fair.

Alonso’s move over Hulkenberg was the best of the day as he used his talent & experience to stitched Nico beautifully which was important at that stage of the race for him to be in a clear air.

13. Daniel said on 9th November 2010, 3:23

Actually, now I’m thinking I should have voted for Christian Klein. He started 3 laps behind everyone else in a HRT and still managed to be classified at the circuit with the shortest lap of the year. That deserves something, surely?

14. Adam Smith said on 9th November 2010, 8:20

WHO VOTED FOR LIUZZI?!

15. There’s no option for: ‘No one in particular’