I’m at the Circuit de Catalunya for the penultimate day of testing ahead of the 2010 F1 season.
I’ll post as much as I can from the track below and on Twitter so join us to follow the test live here.
Times from today’s test
|Nico Rosberg||Mercedes W01||80.686||128||0|
|Sebastien Buemi||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR5||81.413||106||0.727|
|Jenson Button||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25||81.45||105||0.764|
|Rubens Barrichello||Williams-Cosworth FW32||81.975||101||1.289|
|Felipe Massa||Ferrari F10||82.344||115||1.658|
|Vitaly Petrov||Renault R30||82.523||68||1.837|
|Adrian Sutil||Force India-Mercedes VJM03||82.606||61||1.92|
|Sebastian Vettel||Red Bull-Renault RB6||83.123||51||2.437|
|Jarno Trulli||Lotus-Cosworth T127||85.059||102||4.373|
|Kamui Kobayashi||BMW Sauber-Ferrari C29||86.216||105||5.53|
|Timo Glock||Virgin-Cosworth VR-01||86.305||31||5.619|
If the first sets of times from Barcelona have shown us anything, it’s that the new teams have the most ground to make up on tracks like the Circuit de Catalunya which place a high emphasis on efficient aerodynamics.
I’m going to be at the track today. It’s my first ever visit to the venue so I don’t know exactly what to expect when I get there, so please bear with me if updates come through a little slowly to begin with.
I hope to get a close look at what stint times the drivers are doing so I can share the information with you and hopefully get a firm idea who is strongest heading into the first race. But it’s clear from what we’ve seen so far this is the hardest pre-season testing form to read in a long time.
Today’s testing line-up
McLaren MP4-25 – Jenson Button
Mercedes W01 – Nico Rosberg
Red Bull RB6 – Sebastian Vettel
Ferrari F10 – Felipe Massa
Williams FW32 – Rubens Barrichello
BMW Sauber C29 – Kamui Kobayashi
Renault R30 – Robert Kubica
Force India VJM03 – Adrian Sutil
Toro Rosso STR5 – Sebastien Buemi
Virgin VR-01 – Timo Glock
Lotus T127 – Jarno Trulli
The track: Circuit de Catalunya
The final test of 2010 is being held at the Circuit de Catalunya, where the teams will return later this year for the Spanish Grand Prix.
Rubens Barrichello set the fastest time during last year’s Spanish Grand Prix race weekend with a 1’19.954 in Q2. The fastest lap of the race itself was also set by Barrichello, a 1’22.762,
Live Tweets and times
Check out MSFree.gr for live times from the track during the test.
Here’s the latest Tweets from people at the track, including me:
If you would like to suggest a Twitter feed to add to the list, please name them in the comments. The list only updates when this page is refreshed.
2010 F1 testing
- Jerez test 2 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 20th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 20th February
- F1 testing pictures: 19th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 19th February
- F1 testing pictures: 18th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 18th February
- F1 testing in pictures: 17th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 17th February
- Who’s fast and who’s not? A closer look at the lap times from Jerez testing
- Jerez test 1 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 13th February
- F1 testing live: 13th February
- F1 testing pictures: 12th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 12th February
- F1 testing pictures: 11th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 11th February
- F1 testing pictures: 10th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 10th February
- F1 testing review: Valencia (Pictures)
- F1 testing pictures: February 3rd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 3rd
- F1 testing pictures: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 1st