The F1 teams’ final four-day test at Barcelona starts today.
Who’s got the fastest car in F1 as the 2010 season begins? Find out as we follow developments from the Circuit de Catalunya live below.
Times from today’s test
|Mark Webber||Red Bull-Renault RB6||81.487||109||0|
|Nico Hülkenberg||Williams-Cosworth FW32||82.407||81||0.92|
|Nico Rosberg||Mercedes W01||82.514||107||1.027|
|Pedro de la Rosa||BMW Sauber-Ferrari C29||83.144||73||1.657|
|Jenson Button||McLaren-Mercedes MP4-25||83.452||100||1.965|
|Vitantonio Liuzzi||Force India-Mercedes VJM03||84.064||64||2.577|
|Fernando Alonso||Ferrari F10||84.17||74||2.683|
|Vitaly Petrov||Renault R30||84.173||73||2.686|
|Jaime Alguersuari||Toro Rosso-Ferrari STR5||84.869||111||3.382|
|Lucas di Grassi||Virgin-Cosworth VR-01||87.057||31||5.57|
|Fairuz Fauzy||Lotus-Cosworth T127||88.002||76||6.515|
The same 11 teams that were at Jerez last week will be present at the final test.
This final pre-season test is typically where teams try out new parts for the first race of the season. Keep an eye out for some aggressive new aerodynamic developments.
With dry weather expected for all four days keep an eye out for teams doing longer runs which will help us get a rough idea of how competitive their cars are. While McLaren set the best individual lap times at Jerez it looks as though Ferrari have the strongest package heading into this test.
But that picture could change in the next four days – it was at this test last year that the instant pace of the Brawn cars caught everyone by surprise.
Today’s testing line-up
McLaren MP4-25 – Jenson Button
Mercedes W01 – Nico Rosberg
Red Bull RB6 – Mark Webber
Ferrari F10 – Fernando Alonso
Williams FW32 – Nico Hülkenberg
BMW Sauber C29 – Pedro de la Rosa
Renault R30 – Vitaly Petrov
Force India VJM03 – Vitantonio Liuzzi
Toro Rosso STR5 – Jaime Alguersuari
Virgin VR-01 – Lucas di Grassi
Lotus T127 – Fairuz Fauzy
The track: Circuit de Catalunya
The final test of 2010 is being held at the Circuit de Catalunya, where the teams will return later this year for the Spanish Grand Prix.
Rubens Barrichello set the fastest time during last year’s Spanish Grand Prix race weekend with a 1’19.954 in Q2. The fastest lap of the race itself was also set by Barrichello, a 1’22.762,
Live Tweets and times
Check out MSFree.gr for live times from the track during the test.
Here’s the latest Tweets from people at the track (plus me):
If you would like to suggest a Twitter feed to add to the list, please name them in the comments. The list only updates when this page is refreshed.
2010 F1 testing
- Jerez test 2 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 20th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 20th February
- F1 testing pictures: 19th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 19th February
- F1 testing pictures: 18th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 18th February
- F1 testing in pictures: 17th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 17th February
- Who’s fast and who’s not? A closer look at the lap times from Jerez testing
- Jerez test 1 statistics
- F1 testing pictures: 13th February
- F1 testing live: 13th February
- F1 testing pictures: 12th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 12th February
- F1 testing pictures: 11th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 11th February
- F1 testing pictures: 10th February
- 2010 F1 testing live: 10th February
- F1 testing review: Valencia (Pictures)
- F1 testing pictures: February 3rd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 3rd
- F1 testing pictures: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 2nd
- 2010 F1 testing: February 1st